cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the initial Quota Planning in CRM Pipeline Performance Mgmt

0 Kudos

We have just installed CRM 7.0

When I go to PPM --> Quota Planning, all the initial figures are zeros.

Next from top menu I click on "Generate Quota" and from the the popup I pick a sles team memeber, and I try to generate Quota

The Err I get is

1) "Quota plan generation failed for Michael Cutis"

2) No quota exists for 2008 for Micahael Curtis ..... generation for 2009 not possible"

My question how and where do I set the initial quota value for the previous year so that I can generate quota for this year ?

Regards,

Surajit Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Surajit,

The generate quota functionality of PPM can be used to generate quota for a fiscal based on the quota of the previous fiscal year. For example, if a rep A has been given a target of $100 for fiscal year 2009, then you can give the growth factor as 10 % and then the system can generate a quota of $110 for rep A for fiscal year 2010.

Coming to how quota can be set up for a fiscal year manually, you can set 5 different types of quotas in the quota planning application. Total Sales Volume, Product Sales Volume, Product Category Sales Volume, Product Units and Product category untis. If you click on the one click edit button against any of the users in the actions column, system will navigate to a detailed quota planning page, where you can set all these types of targets. Alternatively, if you are just interested in Total Sales Volume Target, you can use the table view in the Quota planning page to plan the targets.

You can refer to my blog on this topic for further information.

/people/krantikiran.avadhanula/blog/2009/07/30/identifying-gaps-in-sales-pipeline

Thanks and Regards,

Kranti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kranti,

In the quota planning when i select for a product to maintain quota by total Sales Volume/ Product Sales Volume/ Product Category Sales Volume/ Product Units/ Product category units, the system is throwing an error " the product is not assigned to the R3PRODHIER"

The values maintained for

Hierarchy assigned to sales application : R3prodhier

Hierarchy assigned to purchasing: R3matclass

Hierarchy assigned to products: R3prodstyp

when i search for a product by R3prodhier hierarchy in quota planning by total sales volume, system is not showing any product.

IF i select from any other hierarchy, I am getting this error.

Any ideas,

Thanks in advance

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

I am facing same issue of Product assignment in Quota Planning, have you find the solution?

Any idea where to look at?

Regards,

Surjeet

Arno-Meyer
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Surajit!

The generation of Quota needs a basis. So there has to be some quota already maintained in the previous fiscal year. In addition there has to be a default Growth-Factor.

There is a Dropdown-Listbox to select the previous year. Here you can enter values manually.

If you have enter values manually once and than the calculation should work.

Best regards

Arno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surajit,

Did you find any solution on your issue? if yes, can you please share with me?

Appreciate that.

Thanks,

Arno-Meyer
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello!

Let me check this tomorrow. You can send me an message as remainder (as it's my last day before I leave for vacation).

Best regards

Arno

0 Kudos

Hi Arno,

I can not set an initial figure manually. If I try to set the quota for any one of the sales rep, in the message area (on top right-hand corner of the Web UI screen), I get this err "Enter quota plan key figure period high", which I guess comes from BI input.

Regards,

Surajit Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arno,

I am using the PPM functionality and I am facing the same issue where it does not allow me to generate the quota since the quota for previous year is not maintained. Can you please help me on whats missing? Am I missing any configuration?

Also can you please suggest what are the mandatory configurations for making the PPM work? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Surajit,

Were you able to solve this issue? If yes how, I am facing similar issue.

Regards

Yogesh