Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEBI Prompt [Report Filter] Vs Query Filter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Universe : OLAP Universe on BW Query BI 7.0 SP 15

Bobj xi-3.0

We have a BW variable for Plant on a webi report and if I use it the webi report runs in 10 seconds like BW query

We have a webi prompt for plant [used to drill down from another report] and when passed with the same plant key as above, the webi report runs in 160 seconds.

We are not able to use the BW variables a.k.a. yellow query filters for interactive webi reports and we are forced to use webi prompt filters. However, the performance hit is a huge concern.

Any ideas on improving performance for webi prompt filters?

Thanks

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, figured it out on how to use BW Query Variable in WEBI report and use it as prompt. The prompt text for that variable can be seen inside the universe designer for that filter.

Tried it and it worked like a charm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

I have a question for you as I have a similar type of situation.

Are you passing the BW Query Variable in you Webi report via hyperlink to a drill down report?

I have a BW Query Variable that I am using as a prompt in my Webi report. However, I have been unsuccessful in passing that value via a hyperlink. I receive all sorts of error messages when I try to do so. I am able, however, to pass the values of Webi Prompts via hyperlink to a drill down report. I have no problems or errors with that. I have a related post for this situation.

You mentioned in your original post that you are not able to pass the BW Query Variable ( BO yellow filter).

Thanks for any insights that you could provide.

Tom Sidor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I was able to use the BW query variable in WEBI and then pass the values through Xcelsius by building the URL.

Ensure that you are using the BW query universe variable on the webi report

(find out the prompt description from the universe designer for that variable)

Build the URL and pass the values..

Again, we are using Xcelsius 2008, BO XI 3.0. That could make the difference.

Thanks

Gopal