cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default password for SYSYTEM IN ORACLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know the default password of users(default with sap installation)like SYSYTEM,SYS.... ETC

i am in strange situation....I installed sap ecc6 on win2003 and oracle 10...

When i loged in as administrator i can see that sap is up and running..but when i try heck oracle by sqlplus "/as sysdba" it is

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>sqlplus "/as sysdba"

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Mon Aug 31 00:11:12 2009

Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

ERROR:

ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

Enter user-name:

i tried to enter user SYSTEM ..but donot know the default password.

Oracle are in automatic and started state......

But when i logged off and loged in as sidadm i am able to check the oracle without any problem....

Please help me how to solve this issue.........

Thanks,

Kasperr

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kasperr,

No need to worry about this issue. The problem is with the environment variable set for the administrator user.

For any administrative activities in SAP and oracle, better login with the user <SID>ADM instead of administrator because all the required environmental variables were set during the installation of SAP for this user (<SID>ADM.

Even if you want the same activities to be carried out using the administator user pls make sure that the following have been taken care.

Make sure that the access have been grated for the administrator user for the following groups ORA_<SID>_DBA, ORA_<SID>_OPER, SAP_<SID>_GLOBALADMIN, SAP_<SID>_LOCALADMIN and SAP_LOCALADMIN.

Also make sure that the folowing env variables are set for the administrator user ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME.

Regards,

Varadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help.....

I set the environmental variables for the oracle in My computers--

proprties--advance--

systen variable

Added these two

1)ORACLE_HOME-----DRIVE:\ORACLE\SID\ORACLE VERSION

2)ORACLE_SID-------SID

and thats it now i can administer oracle databse with user'ADMINISTRATOR"

THANKS ESPECIALLY TO MOHIT and ANJALI....it is great learning EXPERIENCE FOR ME WHO IS NEW TO BASIS.

Thanks,

kasperr.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Default password for users are:

SYSTEM :- Manager

SYS: we need to set at the installation time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

During installation we use administrator user as this have full authorisation for all the librariries & other files at OS level.

For administrative purpose of SAP at OS level we always use SIDADM .So if you want to perform any activity you need to do it via SIDADM .To overcome your issue please login with SIDADM because this user have all the environment variable to handle administration of SAP at OS level.

Hope this will answer your question & resole your issue.

Thanks..

Mohit

jgleichmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the environment of the adminstrator user.

Please read note 441518 and use the search function, there are enough questions and their answers for such topics...

Regards,

Jens

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

the default password for system is manager, if not changed during installation

you have installed 10.2.0.1, that version is NOT supported.

but, you should check the OTHER thread, as it seems that

1) you are trying to connect withe wrong user or

2) you have not installed oracle properly (could be true as you have an unsupported veresion)

3) you are connecting to the server via WTS (and you have not searched for notes)

so, check all that, and close one of the two threads and continue only on one if you still hve problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kasperr

"sqlplus / as sysdba" uses OS authentication. I guess you didn't install oracle software using the user Administrator, that's why it is not allowing you to login when you are executing this 'sqlplus / as sysdba' command by Administrator.

If the OS user authentication fails, then sqlplus asks for database user and password.

login in windows using administrator and once try

sqlplus user/password@DBSID as sysdba

Since your recent posts show the dbsid as NAG

sqlplus nagadm/password@nag as sysdba

However, I am not sure for default passwords for SYSTEM, SYS etc