Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add additional filters badi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a filter dependent badi implementation currently used for debmas message type.

We want to trigger this for the message type cremas as well.

What are the steps involved to trigger this?

Please help.

Meghna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the implementation in se19 under the attributes tab you would have an option for defineing filters there would be a '+' sign click on that and add the additional field value and activate.

Regards,

Himanshu

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the implementation in se19 under the attributes tab you would have an option for defineing filters there would be a '+' sign click on that and add the additional field value and activate.

Regards,

Himanshu

0 Kudos

Sorry I cannot find that option for defining filters in se19

Meghna

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What's the name of the BAdI definition you are using?

0 Kudos

BDCP_BEFORE_WRITE

Thx

Meghna

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

When you create your implementation in SE19, you should go to the 'Attributes' tab and click on the green + sign in the 'Defined filters' section. Then in the 'Messg.Type' dropdown, select CREMAS as your filter value. Basically, just like Himanshu said.

0 Kudos

Sorry since the implementation is already created for debmas I'm unable to see the insert button for additional filters.

Am I missing something?

Meghna

0 Kudos

Hi,

IF you are on ECC6 then you should get that option because i can see that ion my system , ok try to create one more test implementation of the BADI and the first screen that comes up after you enter the implementation look at teh bottom of the screen that should be the attributes tab.

Regards,

Himanshu

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You have to create a new implementation specific for CREMAS, not reuse the one for DEBMAS.

So go to SE18, display the definition and create a new implementation (Implementation -> Create), then you'll have the option to specify the filter value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

I have created a new implementation for cremas.

Meghna

0 Kudos

I almost fell for this. But actually you have to deactivate the active implementation to see the + and - buttons on top of the Filter Values. Then you can add new filter.

Hope this helps to the readers!