cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth usage from BPC Office Client to BPC Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My company is deploying BPC NW to users among global sites, where office client will be installed locally on users' computers and connecting to BPC server through WAN. Could you please advise if there is any specification or documentation that tells about how much bandwidth will be consumed between each client and server session?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The bandwith is not so important but the latency yes.

Bandwith can be even 128Kb it/sec(the unique issue in this case it can be when you download dimension...function by how biig are these dimensions you have to wait until the download is completed).

So I will say a reasonable bandwith to be sure that you will not loose too much time when dimensions are changed it is 512Kbit/sec.

What you have to take in consideration is actually the latency.

If the latency it will be bigger than 200ms then you will have problem with performances because many small packages are sent between the BPC Client and .Net server.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sorin,

Thank you very much for your great information.

As we are deploying our BPC throughout our global sites, the latency of some distance sites to BPC .NET server will definitely be over 200ms. Do you know if there is any specification on how the network utilization is designed for the BPC NW version, officially or unofficially from SAP? Thank you.

Regards,

Eric

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know does anyone have any comment on this issue?

Or would you mind give me some directions on where I can seek for further information on this issue?

Thank you.

Eric