cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on Rounding Profile and Rounding Val in Mat Master MRP view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Need some clarification on the above subject. What's its use? Does this affect during creation(data entry) of PO or PR? Or this only applies during MRP run where autocreation of PO or PR is done?

As during my initial test first data entry via ME21n on PO QTY automatically it is rounded upon pressing the enter button. But when I tried to edit the same, it does not round the value anymore.

Rounded value is 5

First try ---> I enter 3 - automatically it is rounded to 5

but when I edit the same and put 4 it no longers convert it to 5.

Appreciate your clarification. Thank you.

Noe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thank you very much. Appreciate ifyou can show me how to configure the rounding profile (dynamic or Qty added/subtracted) that would allow me to automatically round the QTY value in QTY field during manual PO creation.

For example: increaments of 5

If I enter 4 --- qty should automatically round to 5

if I enter 6 --- qty should automatically round to 10

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Noe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

"If I enter 4 --- qty should automatically round to 5

if I enter 6 --- qty should automatically round to 10 "

If your requirement is like that , then you have to Alternate unit of measure ( for example 5 ea - 1 CS , and 10 ea - 1 box ).

Then you can use dynamic rounding profile .

For quantity addition/subtraction --Percentage additions and subtractions without adjustment of unit of measure

is done . So in your case you need to use Dynamic rounding profile .

for more details refer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_utilities472/helpdata/en/4c/420da3470a11d1894a0000e8323352/frameset.htm

for configuration you need the following IMG path

Rounding rule -

IMG >Materials Management>Purchasing>Order Optimizing>Quantity Optimizing and Allowed Logistics Units of Measure-->Unit of Measure Rounding Rules

Rounding profile -- IMG >Materials Management>Purchasing>Order Optimizing>Quantity Optimizing and Allowed Logistics Units of Measure-->Maintain Rounding Profile.

Regards,

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks.

Correct me if my understanding is not correct. Rounding profile / Rounding value only affects during planning run, is this correct? That in ME21N when entering a value in QTY field this is not applicable? Thanks.

Noe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have alreday mentioned that only static rounding profile is considered during planning run . But if you create the PO manually then dynamic and Qty t/b added/subtracted ronding profile is used .

Regards,

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for replying.

I am actually referring to the same tcode ME21N when put in a value on the qty field (i.e.m 3), it is converted to 5. However, when I tried to re-edit the same field (from 5 to 4) and press enter, it is no longer converted to 5 which is the expected value since my rounding value in Material is 5.

Are both rounding value / rounding profile used as reference when manually creating the PO? or qty value is converted automatically during auto-creation of PO via MRP run? Thanks.

Noe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

this is the standard behaviour of the system .It allows you to change the value manually even after it is rounded .

If no rounding profile has been entered, the system uses the rounding value entered in the material master record . So the rounding profile has priority over rounding value .

Only static rounding profiles are taken into account in requirements planning. Neither dynamic rounding profiles not quantity addition/subtraction are taken into account.

Regards,

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It depends on the numerical value being maintained in the MRP view of material master. When you enter that particular material in any purchasing documents, then it will by default round off to the numeric being maintained in material master, for eg. 5 in your case.

But later you can change that number in the purchasing document. It will allow you to do so. Hope this clarifies your query

Regards

Mahesh