Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modifying 0VTC and 0VRF trasnactions when client is not modifiable

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

we are uploading 0VTV and 0VRF transactions using a BDC logic. in development the change asks for a transport request. now when we moved into production the client settings in SCC4 are "client not modifiable" so we were not able to update the transactions.

how do i make my logic work without changing the SCC4 settings. i read about "current setting" in SPRO--> Define Routes and Stages->maint objects. i have done this setting for both 0VTC and 0vrf. just make sure that this will solve our problem we have made the development system SCC4 settings same as prod system ( client not modifiable). but still i am getting the client modifiable error. is there any other setting i need to do or any thing wrong with the way i did the "current setting" setting. please let me know.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Both 0VTC and 0VRF are configuration transactions, making changes to config. tables. Since your production environment does not allow direct configuration changes, there is no way to run a BDC process for these in production.

You have to change the configuration in the development environment and transport your changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

we got some sap notes to do this

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a client who has a requirement to use these transactions as master data in production too.

Could you please share the OSS Note/s that can achieve this?

Cheers,

Andrew.