cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version comparison for BW objects

Former Member

Hello guys,

How to see versions of BW objects like, Infocube, Multiprovider, datasource? I wanted to do the version comparisons for few objects in Dev with respect to Production. How do I make sure that both have the same versions and there is no harm in transporting it from dev to prod.

In case we already did the changes in dev before checking the comparison, what do we do?

Please give me complete process of version comparison and where exactly I could see for versions.

Please reply asap.

Thanks in adv.

Regards,

BMW 325ci

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Pravender
Active Contributor

For BW objects i do not think there is any standard way or option in BW system. For transformation and update rule, you can compare the generated progarm (GP*) and find out the difference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only Update rule versions could be compared across the systems, not transformation!! however comparing update rules we can easily do comparison for targets as update rule program consists the logic of target too

dennis_scoville4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, there is no tool delivered with SAP BW that provides the ability to compare objects across the landscape. There are some third-party tools that provide this functionality.

You could create your own by create an ABAP program, or several ABAP programs, using the following BAPI Function Modules to get the details of the objects in each environment and then do a comparison:

InfoCube - BAPI_CUBE_GETDETAIL

InfoObject Catalog - BAPI_IOBC_GETDETAIL

InfoObject - BAPI_IOBJ_GETDETAIL

InfoPackage - BAPI_IPAK_GETDETAIL

InfoSet - BAPI_ISET_GETDETAIL

DSO - BAPI_ODSO_GETDETAIL

MultiProvider - BAPI_MPRO_GETDETAIL

nico_aguirre
Discoverer
0 Kudos

awesome, thanks!!