cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM - Goods Receipts

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the meaning of Goods Receipts document? Whether it is an Inbound to R/3 system or an Outbound?

Any pointers or blogs.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohini,

Goods Receipt Document is a inbound delivery to any

oraganisation. From vendor if u want to receive any materials u need to do inbound delivery.

MB01 is the transaction for doing it. MIGO is also used to do the generic to any inventry transactions.

Comming to the Outbound delivery it can be used for delivering the finished products from ware house i.e pick up stock from shipping points.

Feel free to mail me any questions relating to Materials Management.

Best Regards

Sivakummar

SAP R/3 MM consultant

AGS India Pvt Ltd.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Just an addendum to the above posts.

Goods Reciept (GR) is done thru MIGO transaction. MIGo will update table MKPF (Header) and MSEG(Detail). GR is always inbound and it changes your inventory stock. Similary there can be cases of 'Goods Issue' done thru PGI(Post Goods Issue) or 'Goods Return' to the vendor. Goods Issue,Reciept,Return are basically movement types (Field <b>BWART</b>) assigned to goods to keep track of the same in system. For GR, Movement Type is '101'.

Hope this will be give some more insight.

Cheers,

Vikram

Pls reward for helpful replies!!

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan

Goods receipt document is an material document, will be created at the time of Goods Receipt with MIGO transaction. You can see the document in SAP tables

MKPF Material document header

MSEG Material document item

This is inbound process. Means Goods coming towards company.

Bala

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I good receipt in SAP, means that you have received a material into your inventory, whether it is on the books or not depends on where you put it. In unrestricted stock, special stock, blocked stock, etc. For example, you create a purchase order, the vendor ships the material to you, you then do a MIGO transaction against the PO, which receives the material into your inventory and hence is a "Goods Receipt".

Regards,

Rich Heilman