cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast consumption configuration (legacy system as source system)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are going to send transactional data from legacy system to APO system. and i have some questions on forecast consumption:

1. I just want if configuration of forecast consumption in SAP APO is the same as when we are sourcing it from SAP R/3 system?

2. How can I model Goods issue posting to APO. I understand that in R/3 as source system, after GI of sales order, permanent consumption and reduction of forecast will occur. (and sales order key figure will be zeroed out). How can I map this if I am sourcing from legacy system?

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Mylene

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bipin,

Thanks for your reply. My concern actually is that we are going to source information from legacy system so we are not going to use CIF. We might probably use idocs or flat file to load data to APO.

With that said, i am not sure if how can I model posting of goods issue to APO if I am sourcing it from legacy. Goods issue is important for permanent reduction/consumption of my forecast.. I believe we have category BM for sales order and BR for delivery. How about goods issue? is there also a category linked to it?

Thanks again for your help.

Mylene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mylene,

I'm not sure what is exactly your requirement.

But there is no separate category for goods issue/receipt. When the delivery of sales order takes place, the sales order changes to delivery order and stock is removed from active planning or APO. This is standard behavior of APO when ECC is connected.

If you are going to use Idoc or flat file, you need integration with these docs with APO in some way - either XI, abap, xml.

Or, you can create your own category in SPRO in GATP under "non sap category" and link this to your legacy system via Idoc.

Regards,

Bipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mylene,

SCM does something different to keep track of orders once the goods issue has been posted.

In an ECC / SCM configuration, the system adds an entry to the /SAPAPO/DP_SCHED table when it gets a signal from ECC that the goods issue has been posted for a sales order.

The entries in the /SAPAPO/DP_SCHED table are then used to net out the forecast for its respective bucket in SNP. You can see them as "Withdrawal" quantities in transaction /SAPAPO/RRP3. To my knowledge the DP_SCHED entries are not visible in Interactive Planning screens.

The table relationship for DP_SCHED looks like this:

/SAPAPO/DP_SCHED---/SAPAPO/DP_HEAD---/SAPAPO/MATID

-

/SAPAPO/LOCID

So you can build a simple query in transaction SQVI to tell you what the materials and locations are for each entry in the DP_SCHED table.

If you are importing transaction data from another system I'm assuming you're using the SalesOrderAPS BAPI with the method 'SaveMultiple2' (function module BAPI_SLSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2)? You may have to import a separate file (i.e., goods issues as 'Month To Date demand') with the goods issues so that they show up in the Interactive Planning screen, then use a macro to net them out of the forecast key figure.

You can debug into what the system is doing during the forecast integration / consumption by using transaction SAAB and activating the breeakpoint /SAPAPO/DEMA_CSP.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dan,

Thanks to your answer. I will check that and will get back to you.

Thanks!

Mylene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Forecast consumption by requirements in APO is controlled by requirement strategy, consumption mode and category group - more or less similar to R3.

While requirement strategy and consumption mode are mentioned in product master, both are derived from r3 after CIF. For particular requirement strategy, you can further specify or change the settings in APO SPRO. Also, in the category group in APO spro, you can specify which kind of requirement elements (sales order, dependent demand, inquiry) would consume the forecast.

The forecast should be released to snp/ live cache for consumption. The actual consumption by sales order will depend on fwd/backword consumption period, quantity and characteristics of Sales Order and forecast. You can see the forecast consumed by Sales Order in product view.

If the characteristics are matching, the forecast will be reduced by amount of Sales order quantity. If you delete the sales order, the forecast would reappear. However, once you post delivery of sales order, the forecast will be permanently reduced in APO.

Regards,

Bipin