cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The database DLL 'crdb_oracle' could not be loaded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have built a .net 2.0 website that is using Crystal Report Viewer with an Oracle 10g Database. All works well on my local machine but when deployed to the web server I get the following error:

Failed to load database information. Details: The database DLL 'crdb_oracle.dll' could not be loaded. Error in File C:\DOCUME1\DMTEST\ASPNET\LOCALS1\Temp\test {BB80E9A1-92CE-402D-A52A-47ECE4330794}.rpt: Failed to load database information.

I have run the Crystal Reports for .Net Framework 2.0 setup and have located the 'crdb_oracle.dll' file in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\2.7\Bin directory. Am I missing a step in this process.

The Web Server is a Windows 2000 box.

Thank,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i have the dll located under two folders as Business Objects and Crystal Decisions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, John;

Right, and the one in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\2.7\Bin folder does not belong there.

Regards,

Jonathan

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having a similar problem. However, I do not have CR installed, but want to use only CR from within VS 2008 and deploy a ASP.NET reporting app to IIS. If I create a simple report with no parameters it will run fine in both VS and IIS. However, if I add a parameter to the report such as UserId={?Parameter1} then on execution, the report will prompt for the parameter and then throw this error, "The database DLL 'crdb_oracle' could not be loaded."

I have added full privileges to the ASP.NET, IUSR, and IWAM for the Oracle folder. I also search the hard drive and find only one OSI.dll and no crdb_oracle.dll.

Can you tell me if my scenario is supported with VS 2008 only?

I am connecting to the DB like this:

ConnectionInfo connectionInfo = new ConnectionInfo();

connectionInfo.ServerName = "Driver={Microsoft ODBC for ORACLE};Server=localhost;Port=1521;";

connectionInfo.DatabaseName = "dev";

connectionInfo.UserID = "...";

connectionInfo.Password = "...";

TableLogOnInfos tableLogOnInfos = CrystalReportViewer1.LogOnInfo;

foreach (TableLogOnInfo tableLogOnInfo in tableLogOnInfos)

{

tableLogOnInfo.ConnectionInfo = connectionInfo;

}

Thank you,

Travis

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The crdb_oracle.dll does not ship with the versions of CR that bundle with .NET. This applies to all versions of .NET. This is by design and I suspect it is part of the political process of bundling with Microsoft product and not supporting one of their competitors (this is my story, not an official SAP / BO / CR story), but it makes sense to me... Also. Any report using crdb_oracle.dll was created using one of the full builds of CR (11.0, 11.5, 12.x). Using reports created in CR 11.0 and higher, in the bundled versions of CR is never recommended as you are looking for forward compatibility. E.g.; new features will not work in the bundled versions of CR. These would include prompting and cascading parameters, flash, using crdb_oracle.dll, etc., etc.

Your options;

1) Upgrade to a stand-alone version of CR supported by your install of .NET. See [this|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/WhichCrystalReportsassemblyversionsaresupportedinwhichversionsofVisualStudio+.NET] blog for more details

2) Change from native Oracle connection to ODBC, or perhaps OLE DB.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are right that the problem is the reports were created using Crystal Reports 9 and I am trying to run them using Visual Studio 2008 Crystal Reports SDK. I tried ODBC and OLE DB with the same result. I think the solution might be to create the new versions of the report using the VS 2008 designer.

Thanks!

Travis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why does it work on my local machine when I run the website?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Someone must have moved the dlls needed around to a different directory. If you search for crdb_oracle.dll, do you have it in multiple locations?

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it does clear things for me thanks.

You are correct, I am running a full version of Crystal Reports 10 and I think the server has the 10.2 runtime installed. I will download the 10.0.x msm files on the link you mentioned and try that. Do I need to de-install the other files from the web server first?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, John;

One important little detail here.

Crystal Reports 10.0 will not work with .NET 2005. There is nothing you can install to make this work.

I mentioned the options a post or two back.

Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm a little confused here...

Can you give me the process when you are running a .Net website on your local machine with cystal reports inside aspx pages (using crystal viewer) and then you deploy to a web server. What needs to be installed on that webserver? Do I need the full version of Crystal on the web server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, John;

You just need to install our runtime files on the server, either via our Merge Modules or MSI installer. These are detailed, and can be downloaded:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/b4JiAw

What is important is to match up the verison of Crystal Reports that you are using in your .NET project and deploy the correct version of the runtime. It sounds like your .NET project is using version 10.2 of Crystal Reports, which is the version of Crystal Reports that bundled with Visual Studio .NET 2005.

The full version of Crystal Reports 10 that you also seem to be using, came out before .NET 2005, and so will not work with it. And, the dll, CRDB_ORACLE.DLL will not be installed with the version 10.2 Runtime.

Does that clear things up any?

Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The version of the dll is 10.0.5.254

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, John;

Right, so that version of the dll came from the full version of Crystal Reports 10.

Crystal Reports 10.2, the .NET bundled version does not come with that dll, as it does not support a native connection to Oracle.

You will have to change the report so that it connects using OLE DB, or ODBC. Or, if you wish to use the native connection type, upgrade to a full verison of Crystal Reports that supports VS.NET, such as Crystal Reports 2008.

Best Regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, John;

I didn't think that version of Crystal came with the native Oracle driver. If you check the version of the CRDB_ORACLE.DLL, what version is it?

Regards,

Jonathan