cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trex fuzzy search of catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am trying to get the Fuzzy search to work in ISA. For example if the user enters in "notbook" it should return "notebook". However the standard fuzzy logic from ISA sets the fuzzy similarity to 1. From abap via the search program I can set this to 7000 (0.7) so that notebooks are found. How do I do this from ISA? The fuzzy search is enable in the XCM but I would have thought you could control the fuzzy similarity setting somehow. We are on CRM 6.0 with Trex 7.0.

Thanks

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this value is indeed hard-coded in the codebase...didn't look at the note that was referenced to in this message chain. However, if you are all patched up your current fuzziness is 0.6. It used to be, until the April patch, 1.0, meaning that there was no fuzziness in the search at all.

Unfortunately the 0.6 fuzziness was no good for our use so what we ended up doing was copying the standard SAP class. Deleting it from it's Jar then re-implementing it with a different fuzziness factor....ugly and should be completely unnecessary, however it seems like the e-commerce product development team still continues to make unusual choices which we just have to hack around.

Let me know if you need to know the class name and jar file to modify in case you want to do something as ugly as what we ended up doing.

You could use two other solutions for this as well, but would be hard to justify the time spent implementing them...best option would be of course that SAP would put the fuzziness into XCM as a parameter...(perhaps they will if someone asks?!?)

Cheers

Kalle

Former Member
0 Kudos

And to promote my blog about this topic (Free to read ) (we actually did do this fix before I read this thread, but in the blog are some suggestions about how you can change this value in the shop).

/people/kalle.pokkinen/blog/2010/07/02/adjusting-search-fuzziness-in-e-commerce

Cheers

Kalle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalle Pokkinen,

I need you are help on below requirement

We are upgraded the ISA and CRM from 5.0 to 7.0 and We need the fuzzy serach in CRM Internet sales application.

At present the quick serach is working like when we enter the word with * (i.e Mob* ( Product Description) or 123* (Product Id))

but our customer need fuzzy search like if enter 12 or Mo (not with *), it should return all the products containing 12 or Mo(simlar to google serach)

I configured IMS with in XCM config with enableFuzzySearch=true.

I checked the JAVA file TrexGenCatalogFilterVisitor and in that there is no setFuzzySimilarity is mentioned. if i set this value will our fuzzy serach works? what is the value i need to set.

Please can you help me on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing same issue with fuzzy search. We have implemented API for searching the results by giving input values(index,rfcdest,query with TERM-ACTION field as "F") to TREX search function module :  TREX_EXT_SEARCH_DOCUMENTS. Even we couldn't able to get the results.

When we have search with "computer" it will results the data related to that means exact search is working fine. But when we are trying to search like "compoter" it wouldn't returns any results.

Please help me in this scenario like there was any neccesity settings need to be done in TM system.

Thank you in advance,

Surendra.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

Please go through the below note. It may help you.

1583586 Fuzzy Search - fuzzySimilarity XCM parameter description

Thanks,

Hamendra

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

You can make the below changes in XCM settings

enableFuzzySearch

Turn on Fuzzy Search for products in the web catalog.
Allowed Values Detail Name Description
True= enable Fuzzy search on the search engine.
Fuzzy Search only works if the search engine is TREX. Hence this value should be set to true only in this case.
False= disable Fuzzy search on

fuzzySimilarity

Degree of similarity required between a document and the search query for the document to be returned in the result set of a fuzzy search.
Allowed value is between 0 and 1. The higher the value, the less fault-tolerant the search is regarding typing errors in the search term (for example, "Protal" for "Portal"). fuzzySimilarity = 1 means no fault tolerance (exact search). By default fuzzySimilarity is set to 0.6

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

Thankful to your reply.

I already enable the fuzzy search mode in below customization. Correct me if it is wrong place for enabling the fuzzy search in TM system.

SAP NetWeaver -> Search and Operational Analytics -> Embedded Search ->

earch Configuration. Then open Set Parameters for Federated Search.

here you can see that the Search Mode is set to Fuzzy Search.

You mean to say I need to pass the query parameter called fuzzy similarity as 0.6 along with TERM-ACTION parameter for attribute to TREX search function module :  TREX_EXT_SEARCH_DOCUMENTS.

Thanks,

Surendra.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

Could you please first clear that you are doing it in ECC or CRM. Above mentioned settings are XCM settings for CRM Web Channel to enable fuzzy search.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hamendra,

Actually we have SCM TM system where commodity gets creating along with long description. We are trying to indexing the commodity long description into TREX system using TREX function module. As of now Long description and commodity code has indexing into TREX system.

We have search help exit for commodity field , when we are trying to search with any text in description field of commodity search help pop up, it will try to searching the long description along with commodity from TREX system by using 'TREX_EXT_SEARCH_DOCUMENTS' function module by passing the  index table, RFC destination, query entries, requested attributes .

Exact search is working properly. But customer has requested for fuzzy search. We already passing the TERM-ACTION query parameter as 'F' in query internal table. Even though FM does n't returns any results.

Kindly help me there was any extra parameters need to be required in query internal table or any other way to activate?

Thanks,

Surendra.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

Truely speaking, don't have much idea from SCM side.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

Do you have any idea about 'TREX_EXT_SEARCH_DOCUMENTS' function module and there was query parameter internal table. I have passed "TERM-ACTION" as "F" and any idea about another paramters need to be required in that query parameters like FUZZY_SIMILARITY and SEARCH_FLAG.

Thanks,

Surendra.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

Yes I do have as per from CRM side we pass the parameter fuzzySimilarity through XCM settings.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

Have you aware of  search function module what I mention above.

I would be the possible values for fuzzy similarity  and significant of that parameter in case of fuzzy search ?

former_member198110
Participant
0 Kudos

should try this one : OSS note 1456485

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

For the webshop you would have to hardcode this into the trex call. I don't know what our java guys did here.

The did you mean is not supported in the java api but is via ABAP. So I created a function module do call this functionality in CRM. So the web team calls this JCO function when the return result does not give back anything.

Cheers

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I'd like to enable the fuzzy search in the catalog, did you find how to do this?

Regards,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did anyone determine how to edit the 'fuzziness' of the Fuzzy search?

We are using Ecommerce on CRM2007

Edited by: Mike Anecito on Mar 30, 2010 8:29 AM

We have set the Fuzzy Search on in the XCM under the IMS component and the SRMO for the Search Engine is set to DRFUZZY, but if I search for "cartrige" instead of "cartridge", it does not find our products.

mark_foley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it maybe hard coded and would require a modification but you could test this, From the TREX side you could check , what the fuzzy similarity set to in your system , if this has been set to 1 this would means that the search should return the same results as the exact search . If you set this parameter to 0,6 . This should then return "cartrige" instead of "cartridge. But I have not tested this form the Webshop as yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I logged onto our dev system directly and ran the Trex Admin (d:\usr\sap\DCT\TRX##\TREXAdmin.bat) -> Index -> Search -> Search tab and changed the Term Action option from the default "Exact" to Fuzzy and it was already set at 0.6

When I entered "cartrige" in the Query line and selected one of the 'p' indexes, TREX Admin returned a result of:

did you mean cartridge ?

no results

So, it would appear that TREX is performing it's function, but the Webshop is not reading and/or writing the first line of the return from TREX as we get this message online:

There are no results matching your search criteria

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope that what Andrew says is not the only way to accomplish this.

We are spending more time evaluating other options for our ECommerce than we are on trying to get what is common functionality to work on CRM...which is sad after nearly 4 years working wtih it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Yes it is very annoying when SAP support the did you mean search function in the portal and ABAP but for some reason forget about ISA. The search function was one of the biggest complaints when I arrived at my current contract. It was re-written on the java side to completely allow for fuzzy search and also prepopulating search strings (like google). Then for the did you mean it was not possible so the work around was the ABAP call as this supports so much more.

When evaluating options don't forget Enhancement Pack 1 for CRM 7.0 as there are some major changes coming in the ISA space.

Cheers

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew

Maybe if you set the parameter when you are searching.

Eg in a custom BigSearchAction.java, instead of:

productFilter = fact.createAttrFuzzyValue(attribute.getGuid(), formValue);

something like:

Properties fuzzyStuff = new Properties();
fuzzyStuff.setProperty("TERM_WEIGHT", "1234");
productFilter = fact.createAttrFuzzyValue(attribute.getGuid(), formValue, fuzzyStuff);

Just a guess.

Cheers

Dom