SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Retail Extension in SAP 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...I have activated Retail extension in my system by Switching on the Retail indicator in SPRO - Change Extensions. But when i am going to create Article using MM41 it is showing the error "Retail materials cannot be maintained in industry system".

When i am checking the status of the system using the program GETSYSDEF, It is stil giving this message "System is set as a manufacturing system". Please suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to activate SAP ECC Extensions through SPRO.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to activate SAP ECC Extensions through SPRO.

0 Kudos

I have activated retail via SPRO only. but in material creation part it is showing error.

0 Kudos

Hello,

did you ever consider looking up the sticky note right on top which is named: SAP IS Retail Switch on manufacturing system?

There is an entry: Second last - Under my name.

There you find links for documents how to set the retail switch. A how to paper.

I'm sure you find an answer in the document.

Markus

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thankz for your suggesion. I got the solution from the documents.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please help me for the same issue. I am having SAP 4.7.1 installed and want to activate retail. I went to SPRO, and checked on EA-RET. However soon after putting checking mark, i get error "Data record does not exist". GETSYSDEF is still showing as manufacturing system.

Can you please help me.

Warm regards

Georg