Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport between clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have a development system with three client that is

We want the transports to be automotically going from client 0900 to 0920 how can this be setup.

Thanks,

Anup

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is easy .

You can just write a simple script at the Operating system level in order to import transport request in different client within the same system.

We also have the same type of setup wherein we a configuration client and 2 unit test client , the transport go seperately in individual clients and as required.

As you might be aware there is buffer directory - /usr/sap/trans/bin , just pick up the tp number from that buffer directory ansd transport it.

I have attached a sample extract from our file which I have written.

-

for i in `cat $/QAT|grep "/"|awk '{print $1}'|awk -F/ '{print $3}'`

do

cd /usr/sap/trans/bin

echo $i

/sapmnt/<sid>/exe/tp addtobuffer $i <sid> pf=./TPPARAM u1

/sapmnt/<sid>/exe/tp import $i <sid> client200 pf=./TPPARAM u1

/sapmnt/<sid>/exe/tp import $i <sid> client230 pf=./TPPARAM u1

/sapmnt/<sid>/exe/tp delfrombuffer $i QAT pf=./TPPARAM

-

Regards,

Yogesh Nemade

Edited by: Pradeep Nemade on Sep 15, 2009 2:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our client doesn't want to implement Script. IS there anyway i can configure without a script please.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done as per the below link

http://www.sap-img.com/basis/transport-request-within-same-server-different-clients.htm

When i done a test by creating a transport in SE09 it shows only one client 900 it doesn't show that it is being imported to another client 920

When i do the distribute and active it shows that is not completely distributed and gives the following message

>System TTD has transport routes, but no standard layer for it

Message no. 0T128

>Diagnosis

The system TTD is the starting point for the consolidation routes. No transportable transport layer or default transport layer has been assigned to this system or to a client of this system. New packages and Customizing settings are recorded in local requests.

System Response

This is a warning.

Procedure

Check and if necessary, correct the default transport layer(s) for the system TTD.

Any suggestions.

thanks

brian_walker
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I believe what you want to do is to automatically import any released requests into the other development clients? If so, simply bring up transaction STMS_IMPORT, click the big truck to import all queued transport requests into all clients, and then on the date tab, change the radio button from immediate to "at start time", set the first run date and time, and then select a period from the dropdown (usually 15 minutes, which is the smallestm as developers are terribly impatient).

If you do that, you'll now have all released requests imported into the other development clients every 15 minutes.

We do this in our development system as we have 1 client for config and ABAP programming and another client for integration testing. Normally people do use SCC1 to push the change into the integration test client, but if they forget then the above procedure insures that the development integration test client remains in sync when the transports are released.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can scheduled transport job which will atuomatically import.

go to stms_import click on truck and scheduled job for repated frequency as per your requirement

this job import all request which are there in the queue therefore please do not keep transported request in the queue again

Regards,

Nitin Salunkhe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using Extended Transport Control - way to set up the Transport Route so that the route is system and CLIENT specific.

If you release a change request in DEV Client 0xx it will not only automatically be added to the Import Queue for QAS but will be also be added to 0x1, 0x2 of DEV.

Did you create a Target Group before creating the transport route.

Name for the target group /XX_XXX/ (The name must begin and end with a forward slash /)

Include the clients that will get an addition to their import queue when we release a change request from DEV.

Did you create a Transport Route with Extented Transport Control:

Each System must be specified by System and Client. The Target Group can be used for the consolidation system.

Setup of the automatic transport/import job

Double click on the SID -Click on Import all Requests truck -Select At Start Time -Enter a time and date -Press F4 and select the period the job has to run

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

At last i am able to resolve the issue after i have explored other systems and configure accrodingly.

Thanks friends.

former_member197078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hai  Anuroop,

Can you explain how to do the SAME. I am also having the same problem

Regards

SROY

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

KE77 – Send Profit centers

BD16 – Send Cost centers

BD18 – Send GL accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to run this manually using SCC1 t-code.

Thanks,

Shambo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry if my question is not clear. I mean to say when a transport request is released from client 900 in dev it should automatically go to client 0920. How can this be setup.

As you know if there are 100 transports can't do each transport request in SCC1 which is very time consuming almost every day.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please the following post

Pravin

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The scenario which you are talking about here is known as client specific transport configuration in SAP.First prerequisite for this setting is to activate CTC parameter value to 1 in your transport profile.

After changing this value you need to define clients in transport route.Once you define clients in transport & adjust your settings by distribute in domain then whatever request you release it will go to all clients which you mentioned in transport route.

Hope this will help to resolve your query.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The CTC parameter is already in 1. I have done as you said but the transport is not automatically going to the another client in dev.

I just wanted to check with you regd steps in defining clients in transport route.

Thanks.

anup