Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't print Fields value into SmartForms

former_member611006
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm trying to display fields value in a smartform.

I defined a table as Import Parameter (Interface). I create a Text-Element and try to print a field value from the table.

Drag&Drop isn't working so I click on "Insert Fields" and give the field name like this:

&TABLE_NAME-FIELD&

The system displays the field with gray background. I use the local check, it's ok.

But when I save or activate the smartform, system displays the field as a normal Text, without gray background and and I can't print the field value, I just see the field name !

Any idea?

Regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Is your text element in a LOOP or Table node? You would typically need to define a work area for the table and it would be the name of the work area you would use in the text element.

Regards,

Nick

former_member611006
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

sorry it's not a Table but a Structure in the Import Interface, so I don't have to use a Loop...

I have the same problem with SAP Forms (from SAP Best Practices). When go into an existing node which contain a Text Element and Field, when I activate it, the grey background disappear and I can't print the field value.

Regards,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Have you tried switching to the original text editor using transaction I18N? Does the form behave differently then?

Regards,

Nick

former_member611006
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

I can't switch because we have to use Word (for Unicode).

Another idea guys ?

Regards,

David

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am suffering from the same behaviour of smartforms: after insertion of a field, it is lost after save or activate. None of the tipps from above have solved this problem at my site.

I am studying smartforms in NetWeaver Trial system NSP with 7.31 version.

Any new idea?

Thanks and Regards,

Heiner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

To deactivate the ms editor.

Go to SE38 , give program name  'RSCPSETEDITOR'

There you will see the two checkbox uncheck them and activate.

Regards,

Vivek Patil

former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

within the next few months I may come back to this topic - actually I'm stuck with other project needs. Thanks anyway!

Regards, Heiner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I am facing the identical issue.

Can you pls provide me the solution for this.

Regards,

Vinay

former_member611006
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You habe to deactivate MS Word as Editor into I18N.

I18N -> I18N Customising -> MS Word as Editor > uncheck Smartform.

Go to SE71. In settings Form Painter, uncheck the checkbox for Graphical PC editor.

Then check if the word editor is disabled or not.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just before printing the value , that is before the text element put a break point and see whether value is there or not. Fields name should come in gray background, other wise it will not print the field value. Once check the field name .

Regards,

Rajitha.

former_member611006
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajitha,

yes, the structure and all fields I want to print are filled.

I think there is a problem with the Smartform Editor...

I don't know why after activating or saving a text element, the text-field with &...& lost the grey background and is interpreted as normal text..

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ensure that you did not enter any spaces in between &...&. Also try adding a break-point and in debugging check whether that field is having value.

Regards

Karthik D

former_member611006
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is not spaces in btw. &...& and field value is here. I tried to deactivate MS Word as Editor into I18N, but it doesn't work.

After double-clicking on "MS Word as Editor", nothings happends, system show "MS Word is a default editor now. Please read SAP Note 742662."

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just put a break point before printing & check whether expected value is coming in the varaible... i guess all the Internal tables should be declared under Tables tab in Form Interface..

Rgds,

Pavan

former_member387317
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

It should be inside loop if you want to print the data of any field of the table..

In the Top of the node you create table... in that specify the table which you want to process and the work area..

then use that work area and fieldname combination to display values...

Table should contain data to display it...

&WORKAREA_NAME-FIELD&

Hope it will solve your problem..

Thanks & Regards

ilesh 24x7

ilesh Nandaniya