Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Experts, add a button in va01 overview screen?

Former Member

Hi Experts,

This is for the sales order creation, Due to 4 plants , when create the sales order, if stock has shortage but another plant have enough stock, once the user click the icon button, then system will automatic show another 3 plant available stock(a popup screen), does anyone have a idea about it? thanks in advance.

thanks!

Kind regards

Dawson

44 REPLIES 44

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two tabs (one for header and one for item) can be changed in order to insert own modifications:

- Header: screen 8309

- Item: screen 8459

Here you can insert push button .

with regards,

Mamta Kumari

Edited by: Mamta Kumari on Sep 15, 2009 10:16 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

do you think that I can add a icon button in the application tool bar in va01 overview screen? and do you think if there is a standard exit or enhancement that can achieve my requirement?

can you give me a detailed explanation about your idea?

thanks.

Kind regards

Dawson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can use Program SAPMV45A

Screen 8309 for custom screen.

with regards,

Mamta Kumari

0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the screen 8309? and how can I change the program SAPMV45A according to my requirement? can you say it in detail? thank you very much.

Kind regards

Dawson

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your requirement use t.code SHD0

and then enter the transaction code VA01

and enter the transaction variant BUS2032

and select the programme SAPMV45A

and go CHANGE WITH PROCESSING (F6)

then continue to press ENTER, and change whatever you want to make mandatory.

Assign the transaction variant in vov8.

Hope, it would help you.

with regards,

Mamta Kumari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wang,

Recently i did the same requirement for me51n and me54n (purchase requisition) , where the senarios was like

When ever user enter the itemno, plant and purchase organisation at the item level, he will get a pop-up , saying the details as

wht is the average consumption of that material since 3 months, what quantity is avialble att the current plant and what some other details with the help of a badi avialvle for transaction me51n and me54n ,

I think u can do something like that excalty , but u have to get the correct enahncement

not required to add a ny buttons or anything,

when ever user press enter , one pop-up will trigger.

0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

Indeed the requirement between us is similar, but the functional guy told me to change the standard VA01, do you think it is possible? I think not, because VA01 is the standard transaction and program and also complicated, not to say if I could manage changing it or not, but I am very not sure if it could work correctly for VA01 after changed, and by now I don't know what enhancement can achieve this requirement, do you know? thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Dawson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

can anyone of you help me on this? because I am really puzzled about this requirement.

thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Dawson

0 Kudos

Hi Dawson

It's not very easy to do it.

All functional codes of pf-status of the sales & distrubition programs are generally managed by trx VFBS: here it needs to set all flow to be run after pressing a certain button.

So u need to change the pf-status for trx VA01, then u need to set which action to be done by trx VFBS.

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

how to change the pf-status of trx VA01? can I change it freely? could you please tell me the detailed procedure to add a icon button on the application tool bar of sales order creation overview screen(when you go to VA01 and press enter, this is the overview screen that I mean)? and after click the icon button I need to have a pop up screen and in this screen there should be a list with several lines(an internal table will be displayed in the list) like table control.

thank you in advance!

Kind regards

Dawson

0 Kudos

Hi

U can do it by menu painter trx SE41: it's a standard object modification, so u need to obtein the access key from your OSS.

The status u need to change should U of program SAPMV45B: so run trx SE41 insert SAPMV45B as program and U as status, then press CHANGE.

Now the system'll ask you the access key.

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

and after click the icon button I need to have a pop up screen and in this screen there should be a list with several lines(an internal table will be displayed in the list) like table control, could you please tell me how to achieve this? and where can I put my code? because this a standard trx.

thank you in advance!

Kind regards

Dawson

Edited by: dawson wang on Sep 16, 2009 11:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

I Have an idea, it is not exactly in the way u want to do it, but we can achieve the functionality in another way.

U can add some code into standard exit MV45AFZZ. Where in when u enter that plant and when the user goes for a save u can check for the other 3 plants weather u have the stock or not. If u have the stock in those plants you can give a pop-up which says u have this much of stock in those plants.

I Guess this will help you out.

Thanks,

Ravindra.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to tell some information about when the user click the icon button, when the user select one of the item lines, and after this he or she will click the button and a pop up appears the information about the four plants available stock list, and the user select one line and confirm with the selection, at this time a stock transfer order will be generated automatically and returns to the overview screen.

if you have questions about my requirement you can ask me at any time, because I really want to solve it.

thank you in advance!

Kind regards

Dawson

0 Kudos

Hi,

how to see this user exit MV45AFZZ? where can I put my code?

thank you

Kind regards

Dawson

0 Kudos

Hi

If you've changed the status, the next action is to customize the trx VFBS.

It's better to make sure the system can manage your new button.

So u should run the trx VFBS in order to insert the ok-code you've assigned to your new button: in this moment u can show a simple message.

After setting VFBS, u can replace the message with all code u need to show a popup

So run trx VFBS insert the program SAPMV45B and start with updating

Max

0 Kudos

Hii Dawson,

We have lot of enhancement forms in this include MV45AFZZ, go to se38 and give the include name, u can see lot of forms which trigger in different events.

You can add ur code into USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE which will help u in stoping the user from saving unless he selects one of the plants. Write code here for getting a popup when ever the user saves the document.

But here i have a doubt we will be checking for the plant for line items, so we need to trigger the pop up when ever the user enters a new line item.

Regards,

Ravindra.

0 Kudos

Hi

Ok guys STOP please.

If a new button is added in the status of transaction VA01, it's useless to change or to use the USER-EXIT.

After pressing the new button, an error will be triggered if the trx VFBS is not customized correctly.

Which routine has to be triggered after pressing the new button has to be set by trx VFBS, so a new routine has to be defined in program SAPMV45A.

It can use the include MV45AFZZ in order to define the new form, but before doing it it need to set trx VFBS

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

It's better to make sure the system can manage your new button.

what do you mean by the above sentence? could you tell me? thank you.

So u should run the trx VFBS in order to insert the ok-code you've assigned to your new button: in this moment u can show a simple message.

what do you mean by show a simple message? how to insert the ok-code? and I saw an entry with * transaction type, what is it?

After setting VFBS, u can replace the message with all code u need to show a popup So run trx VFBS insert the program SAPMV45B and start with updating

I don't understand the above two sentences, could you give me a detailed information?

thank you in advance!

Kind regards

Dawson

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

you idea is close to my requirement and please help me on this, and I think you are my coach on this issue.

thank you in advance!

Kind regards

Dawson

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

the following is the general requirement:

In the sales order creation ( VA01 ) , we need to develop a pop up screen to show the another 3 plant available stock and let user to select, once user select 1 of them, once the sales order save ,the system will generate the u201Cstock transfer u201C order.

Kind regards

Dawson

0 Kudos

Hi

I means all actions a certain ok-code has to do are set by trx VFBS.

Have you run it?

Try....and problably you understand what I mean.

Just as I worte in my first anser, it's not easy to use trx VFBS, u should check an hit like yours and copy of enters you need.

In trx VFBS you need to indecate which routine your button has to trigger, so in include MV45AFZZ create a new form and insert a symple code:

FORM MY_BUTTON.

MESSAGE I208(00) WITH 'Work in progress'.

ENDFORM.

Now u need to indicate by trx VFBS if the user press your button the routine MY_BUTTON has to be called: in this step of your development u make sure this routine is called correctly, i.e if u press your button the message is displayed.

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

I have entered the trx VFBS and give the program name SAPMV45B, you mean I need to copy one entry and modify it to my own? how to do it?

In trx VFBS you need to indecate which routine your button has to trigger, so in include MV45AFZZ create a new form and insert a symple code: FORM MY_BUTTON. MESSAGE I208(00) WITH 'Work in progress'. ENDFORM.

where can I indicate the routine in VFBS? but the pop up actually needs to be a screen and the size of it is smaller(not 100%, call screen xxxx starting at * * ending at * *), where can I create the screen?

because the status of the VA01 is standard, I don't dare to modify it even if I have the access key, can I modify the status of VA01?

thank you for you help and work, I really appreciate it.

Kind regards

Dawson

0 Kudos
.because the status of the VA01 is standard, I don't dare to modify it even if I have the access key, can I modify the status of VA01?

If u have the access key u can change it, but your user has to be a developer: u can change the status if you have the access key only

I have entered the trx VFBS and give the program name SAPMV45B, you mean I need to copy one entry and modify it to my own? how to do it?

Yes I do, but I don't know how: that's the problem, i.e. the enter u need to do depend on how your button has to be called.

I can suppose your button should work like ok-code to see the Availability, the code is IVFP, so try to check the hits for IVFP in VFBS and replace it for your OK-CODE.

Which routine has to be called should be placed in step Paths between process. locations (table T185) but I'm not sure: try to do it.

I believe your popup should be developed not in program SAPMV45A, so u can create a your own fm in order to display it.

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

when the user go to trx VA01 and go to the overview screen and add some items for the order he or she is creating, maybe at this time he will select one item and click the newly added icon, but how to get the value of that line item he selected? becuase the pop up screen needs the values and give a list of the four plant available stock for the material(the material is in the line item he selected), this is also a difficult issue.

thanks for your reply for the questions.

thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Dawson

0 Kudos

Hi

Just I said u need to define a new form in MV45AFZZ program, so here u can see all data of program SAPMV45A, in particular the internal table XVBAP where all items inserted are stored.

Check if here u can find out information about seleted row

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

1. you mean I can call screen using FM(function module) but I don't understand it, could you please tell me in some details? thanks.

2. if the pop up screen appears and user select one of plants and confirm with it, how can I go back to VA01 overview screen?

3. the functional person told me when the user confirm the selection about the plant he selected and then he need to save the order to generate a stock transfer order? is it possible? I think when the user click confirm the stock transfer order should be generated, because I can get data at this time, or else the system will go back to VA01 overview screen(standard program), due to this I think I can not get the values from the pop up screen.

thank you in advance!

Kind regards

Dawson

0 Kudos
1. you mean I can call screen using FM(function module) but I don't understand it, could you please tell me in some details? thanks.

U need to create several abap object in order to manage a popup: screen, pf-status,.......so it's better to create an own program for it instead of to create them in a standard program (just for upgrade problem).

So the best solution can be to create a fm to transfer the data from standard program to your popup

2. if the pop up screen appears and user select one of plants and confirm with it, how can I go back to VA01 overview screen?

If u customize correctly trx VFBS, after going out from your popup, it'll back to overview automatically

3. the functional person told me when the user confirm the selection about the plant he selected and then he need to save the order to generate a stock transfer order? is it possible? I think when the user click confirm the stock transfer order should be generated, because I can get data at this time, or else the system will go back to VA01 overview screen(standard program), due to this I think I can not get the values from the pop up screen.

Wow.....i'll think about it

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max,

if you have some extra time, could you please pay some attention to my issue? I really appreciate it.

thank you!

Kind regards

Dawson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have done it in this way:

i have created an own button via GUIXT and give this button a tcode.

This tcode i inserted in T185/T185F via VFBS and give this tcode an module

which i have created in exit MV45AIZZ. In this module i set my abap-code.

To use this button I activate guixt in local settings of gui.

Regards, Dieter

0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

i have created an own button via GUIXT and give this button a tcode.

what is GUIXT? could you please tell me in detail? thanks.

This tcode i inserted in T185/T185F via VFBS and give this tcode an module which i have created in exit MV45AIZZ. In this module i set my abap-code.

how to insert the tcode?

To use this button I activate guixt in local settings of gui.

because I haven't done this thing before, so could you tell me what is this?

thank you in advance!

Regards, Dawson

0 Kudos

Hi,

guixt is a part og sapgui. you can activate/deactivate in gui-setting.

For more information look here: http://www.synactive.com/www_d/home.html or ask your basis.

In T185 i insert the entry for sapmv45b and BGrp K0/P0/U0

In T185F i insert the entry also for sapmv45b an TTyp A/H/V

Hope it helps.

Regards, Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

can anyone help me on this issue or continue to help me on this? thank you in advance! nobody?

Kind regards

Dawson

0 Kudos

Hi,

didn't you get anove help? lot of answers in this thread. Do you tried anything?

Regards, Dieter

0 Kudos

Hi

I believe u can have the answers to solve your issue in order to create a new icon in the status of VA01 and manage it.

U should start to develop it following the answers.

Then we can try to help for your last point (but this is another question).

The Dieter solution can be good in order to insert a new element in standard program, but GUIXT is local so I believe it should be replaced on all pc of the all users, but but perhaps I'm wrong....I've never used GUIXT

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

but I am not familiar with the answers you told me and I can not change the standard VA01, so didn't try to.

Kind regards

Dawson

0 Kudos

OK

FIRST STEP:

- CHANGE THE STATUS: u need to change the status U of program SAPMV45B:

Transaction SE41:

- Insert the program

- Insert the status

Press CHANGE

Have u done it?

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have an access key, the one that I know is incorrect.

Kind regards

Dawson