Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/SAPAPO/SDP94 + /SAPAPO/SDP_SELECTOR, F4 help doesnt work for standard char

purvang_zinzuwadia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a strange problem. I have implemented badi /SAPAPO/SDP_SELECTOR for Tx /SAPAPO/SDP94 to add custom fields. I have also coded the F4 method for both custom added fields and they are working fine showing F4 window.

Now the problem seems with sequence of selecting char in selection filter.

scenario 1: I select standard char and hit F4, it shows the F4 window properly with values. Then I select my custom added field and hit F4, it also shows F4 window properly with values.

scenario 2: First I select custom added field and hit F4, it shows the F4 window properly with values. Then I select standard char and hit F4, now nothing shows up. F4 window doesnt appear. If I remove my custom added field from selection and instead select standard char and then hit F4, it again shows up!!!

Any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance,

Purvang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

purvang_zinzuwadia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

can anybody suggest any idea over this?

thanks,

purvang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give more details of the custom characteristics you have created. Is this characteristic a part of the MPOS?

How have you populated master data in this custom characteristic?

Regards,

Kedar

purvang_zinzuwadia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for reply.

i have created Z* infoobjects and populated data from tables. I have added Z objects in selection filters for "APO Product" field in SHOW drop down. I am using F4IF_FIELD_VALUE_REQUEST FM to show F4 window for Z objects. This FM reads the database table and displays values in F4 window.

As I have mentioned once I select Z object and hit F4 other fileds's F4 functionality stops working.

Thanks,

Purvang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purvang,

Sorry to ask you the details again.

1. When you are referring to standard characteristics, it means all characteristics starting with 9A*. Is this the case?

2. Do you have multiple Z* custom info-objects.

3. Are these Z* info-objects a part of the MPOS. Are they included as a part of the characteristic value combinations?

Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purvang,

I suggest you to check your code.

Something should be missing there (e.g. a reinitialisation of a variable somewhere).

You need your abaper to debug that and find the issue...

Regards

Julien

purvang_zinzuwadia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Kedar for reply.

1. yes, standard char means all char starting with 9A*

2. yes, i have 2 Z* custom info objects

3. no, they are not included as part of char value combinations.

waiting for reply

Thanks,

Purvang

purvang_zinzuwadia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Julien for reply.

I have checked code. Logic is very simple. In INIT_OBJECT_LIST method, I am adding info object. Main code is as below.

LOOP AT CT_SEL_OBJECTS ASSIGNING <LS_SEL_OBJECTS>.

• Add Demand Planner field as selection criterion

LS_SEL_CRITERIA-OBJECT = 'ZXYZ'.

LS_SEL_CRITERIA-TXTSH = LS_XYZ-TXTSH.

LS_SEL_CRITERIA-TXTMD = LS_XYZ-TXTSH.

LS_SEL_CRITERIA-TXTLG = LS_XYZ-TXTLG.

LS_SEL_CRITERIA-MULTIPLE_SEL = 'X'.

APPEND LS_SEL_CRITERIA TO <LS_SEL_OBJECTS>-SEL_CRITERIA.

ENDLOOP.

Then I have coded F4 method as below.

CASE IV_IOBJNM.

WHEN 'ZXYZ'.

CV_VALUE = '123'. "I have diff code here, but even if i changed it to this very simple line, it doesnt work so i have

"ommitted my code for time being.

ENDCASE.

waiting for reply.

Thanks,

Purvang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Sorry I can't really help you further, my abap knowledge are not that great.

But it still looks to me that you need to reinitialise some variables (e.g. CV_VALUE)

Again you should be able to see the issue in debug if it is indeed in the badi code. Just put a break point at the begionning of your badi and see what value CV_VALUE hold...

Except that, you have a sample code in note 544904...

Thanks and Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I now remember that this badi can have a stragne effect in some cases...

It happen if your ZXYZ characteristic is not in the POS as far as I remember.

Is it your case?

If yes there is some other code to be adapted, but can't find which one and where...

Basically your extra characteristic is upsetting the standard function because it can't find the relevant CVC... The solution consist in ignoring your extra characteristic when looking for value for the standard characteristic... I don't know if this is clear...

Maybe somebody else could help here; else open an OSS!

Good luck

Julien

purvang_zinzuwadia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

I have already checked 544904 note earlier. I copied the code again to check but problem is same with even the standard code. I think it has something to do with callback functions. Callback function are not getting called once I select custom char.

Can you think of anything further?

Thanks for help,

Purvang

purvang_zinzuwadia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Solved the issue using standard FM.

Thanks,

Purvang

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Purvang...

I am also facing similar issue. F4 method is not even called during debugging.

How did you achieve the functionality? what standard FM you have used? I assume you wrote the code in the same BADI..different method?