cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smq2 - Password logon no longer possible - too many failed attampts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I was working on a data initial load from ECC to CRM. But the status remains "Running".

And in smq2 I saw the queue with "SYSFAIL" with info "Password logon no longer possible - too many failed attampts".

But my user's not locked in either CRM or ECC.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot

Shane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

Whenever there is data transfer between R/3 and CRM it happens via a DIALOG user.

Henceforth, We have to maintain the dialog user in both the CRM and the R/3 systems.

To check whether the user is a dialog user , goto the Tx. SU01 and type in the User maintained in the SM59 Tx for the Data Transfer.

Check the User Type - It has to be Dialog User, else change the user to Dialog User.

Secondly, the User sepcified for the Destination in the CRM system has to exist in R/3 system also and vice-versa.

Henceforth, check the existance of the user in the respective system.

For Example. In Tx :SM59 ,for the R/3 destination QWC505, If the Dialog user specified was TESTER1. Then login to R/3, goto Tx: su01 and check the user exists in R/3.

Thirdly, In Tx:SM59, After sepcifying the LOGON details for the respective destination,Check the following :

1. Click on the REMOTE LOGON Button

2. click on the CONNECTION Test Button.

3. Click on the UNICODE Test Button.

If all the above criteria's are met, Then there should not be any problem WRT to "Password logon no longer possible error in the queues."

i faced the same problem some time back, I was to able to troubleshoot the problem with the above information. Hope You will also be able to fix the probelm.

Best Regards,

Vignesh Ravikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. Thanks for your detailed reply.

Forget about that user lock thing. I delete the queue with status "SYSFAIL" and tried to run the initial load again.

This time there're errors:

Initial Load is already running (or waiting).

EQUIPMENT: Object will not be loaded

Any idea abt this?

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Because you already have a initial load running this error makes sense. Goto TCODE R3AM1 -> select the object that is running and abort it in the next screen. Now you can start the load again.

This should solve the current issue.

Regards,

Karuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about the password in ECC (R3) or CRM?. You would probably have given a login password for the remote login, what details did you give?. Did you use your login, or a specific RFC defined login, as that's what you should have done.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we do use a RFC login for changes from R/3 to CRM and vice versa. We named it crm_mw_user. Do you have the error message on R/3 or CRM side in SMQ2? The communication user is maintained in TA SM59 on CRM or R/3 side.

Diana

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It has nothing to do with your user id. The system uses RFCUSER for it to login while logging into other system. You need to check the TCODE: SM59->ABAP Conn->double click on system name-> check the tab 'Logon&Security'. You need to define the password there and save it.

Hope this resolves your issue.

Thanks,

Karuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks for your reply.

The status is on CRM side, TX smq1. And I gave my own user ID and psw.

I tried the RFCUSER and psw set in sm59, but there's an error: "Log on with a dialog user".

Problem still on. Any help will be appriciated.

Thanks

Shane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

do your system maybe use a communication user which is not your user?

Best regards,

Diana