Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute in Background with two variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to execute a report in background if we assign two variants for a single job?

Regards,

Akula

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

That means u need to run the report twice?

U can create a single job having two steps and in every step u can run the report using a variant.

Max

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess no.. one element on the selection screen can take only one set of values.. if you want to take two variants u might have to combine two variants in to one and use that..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes thats possible with the step definition. As max suggested you can create multiple steps within the same job specifying different variant each time.

Regards,

Vikranth

0 Kudos

Can you please give the steps. Suppose for job 'TEST1' i need to assign TEST1001 and TEST1003 variants as job steps for TEST1 job.

Regards

akula

0 Kudos

Hi

Use trx SM36 in order to define a job with several steps

Max

0 Kudos

SM35 > hit the Job wizard (button on the top)... in the first step give the program name and variant1 and check the add new step check box and provide same program name and Variant2 and save

0 Kudos

Hi,

Just as you define a background job in sm36 where you mention the variant in the step definition, again click step and assign the second variant. This will be defined as a second step. when you start the job, both these steps will be executed.

Regards,

Vikranth

0 Kudos

Hi,

I successfully created two variants in single job and after executing my job has been failed giving a message "DATASET_NOT_OPEN" and type of Message is 'A'.

In my program i have used datasets to download the report data into application server.

Can you please suggest to me how to solve this problem.

Regards,

Vinay.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Since your basic query is resolved i would suggest you to close this thread and open a new one with your new query.

Regards,

Vikranth

0 Kudos

Hi

This seems to be another problem, doesn't it?

If you've solved your prevoius issue u shold close this post and open another one

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes - please no more responses to this one.

Rob