tanuj_parikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have several materials describing its name and size as under:

1. M S FLAT 10 X 100MM

2. M S FLAT 10 X 120MM

3. M S FLAT 10 X 200MM

All above materials are discrete materials and no Variant Configuration is defined.

My query is: How can we identify whether these materials can be u2018Material Variantu2019?

Regards,

Tanuj Parikh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Material Variants(MV) are the Stock items in VC. The requirement to define the materials as MV should come from the business. The idea is to deliver certain products as quickly as possible to the customers.

We can create any no of MV's as per the Product design and Market demand

The material variant is a Finished Product and assigned with K-mat in Basic Data-II view with a tick as Variant

Regards

Brahmaji

tanuj_parikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmaji,

Thanks for reply.

My exact requirement is: u201CHow can we say that material u2018M S Flatu2019 should be defined as VC material? AND u2018M S FLAT 10 X 100MMu2019 should be defined as u2018Material Variantu2019?u201D.

Because what I understood from various VC related threads from SDN is that VC Material will be used in SO and there System will suggest that Material Variants are available for entered VC Material.

Now as per my understanding, VC is the combination and permutation of all the possible characteristics, components (RM to be used to produce FG)-Super BOM and operations-Super Routing.

Should I have to identify all the attributes of the u2018M S Flatu2019 first? Like length, height, weight, MOC (Material of Construction) etc. If I am getting order for 10 x 100MM repeatedly, then it should be defined as Material Variant, right? If yes, then what should go in VC material? In this context I have raised my query and given my exact requirement in this post.

Please reply.

Regards,

Tanuj Parikh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanuj

Most of your understanding is correct.

If you are producting Flats with variants like different MOC,Length,Width,Thickness etc then the data maintainence in SAP will be Huge. The VC provides systematic approach to map the product design in SAP.

If you are producing only MS Flats then the Configurable materil will be MS Flat and assign all the chars to the classification system and all rules in config profile. Here MOC is not required if same composition of MS being used.If the MOC is different then create MOC as Char and assign values to that.

The Simple Example of VC Scenario is say Car

A Car can be produced in different models,colors, Engines,tyres,AC/Non AC, etc. In this case if We define the CAR as Kmat then Maruti-800 (Non AC) is a MV. During the SO creation for a Kmat if any customer chooses the char values of Maruti 800 Non AC then type matching occurs and the Kmat will be replaced by MV in the SO

Hopes it satisfy the need

Regards

Brahmaji

tanuj_parikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmaji,

The query is raised because we are already using VC for our business. Now some other products are introduced that is different in all manners then existing. We are checking the possibility whether can we use the existing VC with little change or we have to write VC for new materials from the scratch.

Regards,

Tanuj Parikh

Answers (0)