cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AA617 Acquisition value negative in area 01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please explainthe reason why i get the error message: "AA617 Acquisition value negative in area 01" when doing asset transfer in trasnaction AIBU?

During test in Dev environment, i got this error message. I was able to resolve it by ticking the "Neg. Values Allowed" in the AUC Depreciation area.

However, when i test again in Quality system, i do not have this error. The data i have processed in Dev and Quality are replicates. The only difference is that in Dev i am posting transfer in periods already in previous fiscal year. While in Quality, the asset transfer and asset creation date are all in the current fiscal year.

Is this the reason why?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi there,

Go to change asset AS02 and In Depreciation Area Tab , Double Click on 01 Book Depreciation Area , at bottom in " Additional Specification' mark Check Box " Neg. Vals Allowed " and try again.

Hope its helps.

Best

Mubashir Iqbal

grzegorz_burda2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is old post but I think everybody would like to know where the problem is:

1. When you post something on Fixed Asset on i.e. 05.05.2015 then you are not allowed to send that to final asset on 04.05.2015 - value on 04.05.2015 is ZERO

2. When you have posted i.e. +10 and after -5 on Fixed asset then you have 5 to be transfered to final asset. So final asset value is 5. While doing AIAB and when you run reconciliation then in one moment after "sending" first 10 to final asset, for a brief time the value of this asset in minus -> asset value is 5 (irrelaltive value) -> you take 10 (first transaction) -> negative value of asset.

So all and all timing in Fixed assets is very important.

BR

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Of course.

In dev, the +ve value is from previous year, while the -ve value is during the year. System read as no +ve value in area 01 during the year. How to deduct if there is no acquisition during the same year? Thus, system gave error Acquisition value negative in area 01.

In qas, the +ve and -ve value is in the same year. No error occurred.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Em.

Is ther any acquisition done through MM. Please check if so acquisition through MM may be there negative acquisition.

Have check meticuliously by each transaction or PO , MIRO codes. Beacause I have gone through same problem later on

I have resolved.

First please check your acquisition values.

Hope it helps to solve your problem.

If you need more clarification please revert.

Regards,

Pankaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj,

There's no acquisition done through MM. I have posted AUC acquisition in transaction FB05.

When posting Retirement asset trasnfer, AIBU, i get the error message. What i am trying to understand is why and how i get this error?

Acquisition value is not negative.

What other areas should i check?

I was able to resolve the error, but i just want to understand why i have the error message...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Em.

In my case let me explain you what happen when asset was acquired with some values, while doing MIRO for same

system posted that with negative values in books for area 01.

Later on I gone through each acquisition and found negative value.

The found negative value was again reposted to asset. The problem got solved.

I hope it helps you to understand the situation.

Regards,

Pankaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

As for my case, i posted asset acquisition, FB05.

Then posted asset transfer, AIBU. I get the error message. When i ticked the "Neg. Values Allowed" in each depreciation area of the AUC, i can now post the asset transfer.

What i want to find out is where this error is coming from.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

Change WIP asset master record.

as02-Deprec.Areas-double click the dep area then Additional Specifications tab click Neg.Vals Allowed.

the error slove.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check the value of the asset in the previous period and the current period.

there might be some -ve postings happend

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are no negative postings in both previous and current period.