Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LU04: Dynamic Bin creation for Storage type 922 posting change area

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone advice me how can I create Dynamic bins in storgare type 922 for Posting change area. Dynamic bin must be based on Inspection lot number.

The reason for dynamic bin is to avoid number of bins proposal by system when creating TO by LU04.

We are getting number of bins where Q Material is lying. e.g. If one material is received againt one line item in MIGO and TO is having 10 bins for keeping GR quantity. The same material is agian received same day with same PO in another GR with another 10 bins. Now the situation that when we are clearing LU04 Creating TO against pcn created after first Inspection lot usage decision, we are getting 20 bins on one screen, It is very difficuilt for INspection guy to individually check bins against which he is clearing Item. If inspection lot is suggested as a Dynamic bin into storage type 922, it will resolve our issue, Inspection guy can easily clear LU04 TO creation.

Hope above is clear. If any more information . please let me know.

I am in a big trouble.

Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

My understanding:

I understand from your question that at the time of Usage decision, a transfer posting happens with 321 IM Movement type. Again it triggers 321 Movement type in WM. Here the interim storage type is 922 & interim storage bin is U-ZONE.

Problem as per thread:

If I am correct, the problem should not be with bin U-ZONE. It will be updated in single bin irrespective of number of times you are doing transactions. So, you need not go for dynamic bin

Actual problem:

You have Palletization data in either Material master or MIGO. System is putting the materials in multiple SUs & your putaway strategy will not allow you to put these multiple SUs in single bin. So, it is creating 10 bins each time (Eg: 10 X 10 = 100)

Solution:

Either you change your putaway strategy to I (Add. to existing stock) or change your Palletization data so that each pack contains sufficiently more materials.

Nagesh

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

Thanks for your quick reply.

We are not using SU and Palletization data.

Where as we are using capacity of bin. Each bin has capacity and based on that system suggest us the bins.

Now our issue, If morethan one inspection lot is created by system , all bins are proposed during LU04 TO cretion. My question is to create LU04 TO with out any hassels i.e. No selection should be asked by SAP for giving bin quantity against bin numbers. Because Inspector is not knowing againt which bin he is clearing material.

Hope it is clear now.

If still any query please revert.

Regards,

Manish Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try the following solution.

In Warehouse Management-Activities-Transfers-Define Requirement Types

Maintain this field as a new Requirement Type X.

001 X Inspection lot QALS-PRUEFLOS

In OMLJ (against M. type) :

Src 922 U-ZONE

Dest 922 Scr (dynamic check)

Requirement Type X (Inspection lot)

Note: But if you are doing Transfer posting without QM system will give you error while finding interim bin.

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note as below.

1.Create new requirement type.

2.Assign it to movement type

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You do not create 'Dynamic' bins the reason they are dynamic is that they create themselves and last as long as there is something in them

For instance, PO Number, delivery number etc.

Are your movement types set up to create dynamic bins?

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

SPRO->Logistic execution ->WM->interfaces ->Inventory management ->Generate interim storage bins

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. Intreim bin is already created for this storage type.

I want to create dynamic bins for storage type 922 based on Insptection lot.

Regards,

Manish Gupta