Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disbale and Enable PF Status buttons depending on some operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks !

I have searched the forum for my doubt but didn't find the exact answer to my need, so posting a new thread.

I am working on a module pool program and have created my customized PF Status Application Toolbar.

There are 4 buttons on the toolbar. Now what I want is when the program is executed, at the inital execution 2 buttons should appear disabled (should not be invisible, by using SET PF STATUS 'xxxxxx' EXCLUDING....... , i don't want to do this).

On click of the 1st button I perform some operation and now when i through the result screen I want those 2 previously disabled buttons to be Enabled now so that I can click them.

Hope I am successful in explaining my requirement.

Need you help folks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using SET PF STATUS 'xxxxxx' EXCLUDING is correct aaproach here. You have to however switch one thing ON.

Go to your custom status -> choose Goto->Attributes->Pushbutton Assignments and select option Dispaly All . Now while excluding function code for pushbutton, this button will appear as disabled (greyed out) not invisible .

Regards

Marcin

5 REPLIES 5

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using SET PF STATUS 'xxxxxx' EXCLUDING is correct aaproach here. You have to however switch one thing ON.

Go to your custom status -> choose Goto->Attributes->Pushbutton Assignments and select option Dispaly All . Now while excluding function code for pushbutton, this button will appear as disabled (greyed out) not invisible .

Regards

Marcin

0 Kudos

Thanks Marcin, it actually sovled 1st part of my problem.

The thing I was not aware of this "Goto --> Attributes --> ........".

Thanks again !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need some more inputs on the same. I am successful to make the 2 buttons disabled (greyed), but now when I wish to enable them, they still appear disabled.

After performing an action on my 4th button I check for the SUBRC = 0, and if it is then I set the PF with all buttons enabled, but the system still shows the 2 buttons in grey.

I am just using the syntax SET PF-STATUS 'xxxxxxx' for getting all the buttons enabled. Am I missing some step?

Edited by: Sudarshan_B on Sep 19, 2009 9:51 AM

0 Kudos

I think in both cases you can use one statement SET PF-STATUS 'xxxxxxx' EXCLUDING it_fcode but in first you just provide it_fcode populated with function codes you want to disable, in the latter case you leave this table empty, so status should be set with all function codes enabled.

That should help.

Regards

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnx Marcin