cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM P&F - How to find work item from process reference number or GUID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Could you please let me know how could i find the work item related to process, by using process number or GUID or by any other means.

Why I need this?? : Recently here in my client they have deleted(>1000 items) pending work items (dated <= 08/01/09) using SWWL,(I know this is not better way to do it , but they did it already). Now they implemented collision rules on the HCM forms. Due to this they are not able to instantiate any new process on employee whose pending work item was deleted. Looks like SWWL doesn't clear form related data. I verified for some of the employees in question and i could see the process is in STARTED status in the table t5asrprocesses. Now i need to find out in the system, how many employees have this problem and update corresponding tables, so that they can process the actions on employees.

I don't want to update the table t5asrprocesses with process status COMPLETED, with out checking any pending work item corresponds to it.

Please let know in which table i could find the relation between process and work item. And also let me know if you know of any other better way to solve this. if you could list out any FMs related to this, that would be more helpful.

Thank You,

Hari.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to the tcode SWI1 there you can search the workitem with start date.

You can filter the Object id (Pernr) related to the process, you can get the pernr from the table t5asrprocesses .

Here you can change the work item status as comleted.

Kind Regards,

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mukesh,

Thank you for your reply. Work items have already been deleted. I am looking for bottom-up approach: with process i need to find the work item. I need to update > 1000 items in the table t5asrprocesses, i may search for any pending work items for these 1000 items using pernr, but i am really curious to know how could you find the actual work item with process ID or GUID which would be the better approach than searching through pernr.

And again do you think updating t5asrprocesses directly with status completed will not lead to any other consequences?? or any other related tables i need to update?

Thank You for your time,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari,

Go to the tcode HRASRPROCESS_UTILITY there you can select the process and click the button Deletion of Process Instances.

Kind Regards,

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This doesn't solve my purpose. I wanted to do it by program. I don't wanna delete >1000 process objects through this transaction with out checking for corresponding work item status.

Thank You,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used the FM SAP_WAPI_WORKITEMS_TO_OBJECT for my purpose.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution.