cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while exporting to PDF - Operation not yet implemented

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We using C# Dot Net 2005 and Crystal Report for Dot Net 2005 and we are trying to export to PDF file. In one of the reports, we are using a Font "Shree-Kan-0850' from Shree Samhita, a SDK to build application in Indian regional languages. But we are getting an error as follows:-

"Error in File C:\Document~1....\{....}-.rpt: Operation not yet implemented.". When we tried in various sites and forums found that it was due to some non-standard fonts. We have checked that if we remove Shree-Kan-0850 font from report, it works fine and once included the error comes. So problem might by from this font. Whether Crystal report is not supporting other than Windows standard fonts or the problem with PDF? Because with same font we can export to DOC, XLS etc. Please guide us how to solve this?

Thanks and regards,

Rajeev Vandakar, Bangalore.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this will be more of an issue with the framework supporting the font, rather than the report. Can you create a text box or a message box in .NET and populate it with the font?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek Uher,

Thanks for the reply. I can display the text with the said font in User Interface, that is not the issue. Dot Net framework is supporting the font. But I was unable to export data from report to PDF file from my code. I can export manually from the report viewer.

__

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can I reopen this question?

I have same problem in window server 2003, other OS (window server 2008, windows 7 or 😎 is OK

I use crystal report 13

.NET 2.0

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And there are a few suggestions in this thread re. possible solutions. Have you tried any? Which?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

Thanks for your reply. I read all suggestions in this thread but problem still there. I created an application use CrystalReportViewer to view report, report show OK with special fonts. but when I export to PDF, Word or excel then "Not Implemented" error show

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What font are you using? Try Arial Unicode MS - do you see the same issue there? Some fonts can not be embedded into PDF, etc, due to licensing constraints.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

After some hour debug, I found that error when string contain colon (:) separator

font: Univers 57 Condensed

Arial Unicode MS is OK

with this special font, it work OK on window server 2008 and win 8. i think not for licensing constraints.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where did Univers 57 Condensed come from? I don't have it on my computer:

Which to me indicates that this is not a default font(?). Are you able to create any PDF docs natively using that font?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

This is not standard font.

You can download this font from link: Download & Install Free Univers 57 Condensed Font – Univers 57 Condensed .ttf

Error happen when i view report in crystal report viewer. Report has 2 pages, page 1 show OK, page 2 error because has a colon character (:) in this page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

I found some other character make error in this font

"<;[{}(@

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thus my query in my last post:

Are you able to create any PDF docs natively using that font?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

In window 8, I create Word or PDF with this font is OK

In window 2003, don't have any tool to create PDF or Word file.

But problem not in PDF, problem happen when view crytal report in CrytalReportViewer

I haven't yet exported to PDF.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahhh - sorry. Somewhere between the title of this Discussion and the rest of it I got things confused.

One thing to remember is that the .NET Framework only supports Only TT and OT fonts. See this KBA:

1198306 - Crystal Report displaying incorrect font in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET

So, the question then is; does the frm support the font?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

I think this is a true type font

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, it looks like that font has many issues. Googling 'Univers Condensed Fonts .net' gets a number of interesting posts. E.g.;

Univers 67 Bold Condensed Font does not show in my Flash Fonts List

See if you can select the font in the properties window of the VS.NET IDE.

It would also be interesting to see if the following will work in a new test app:

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object,

ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Label1.Font = New Font("Univers 57 Condensed Font – Univers 57 Condensed", 12, FontStyle.Regular)

End Sub

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

This font showed in the properties window of VS.Net (window 😎

And Report show ok too in window 8

In Window Server 2003

Label show OK with this font

Use this code to set font in contructor:

label1.Font = new Font("Univers 57 Condensed Font – Univers 57 Condensed", 12, FontStyle.Regular);

0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

When Cr exports to DPF format we can not embed licensed fonts into the file. No work around in .NET. Your only option is to not use that font.

If you upgrade to CR XI R2 (11.5) you will have Editable RTF export format. an .NET 2005 uses CR 10.2 runtime and it does not have that option. Export the report to Editable RTF, open it in Word 2007 and download the PDF export plug in. You can then export the file to PDF format using Word.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Don Williams,

Thanks for the reply. I can export to PDF file manually from the Crystal Report 2005 using the Font. But same is not happening with the Code. As your suggestion, I will check the other option with CR XI R2. I think we can obtain an eval version of it. But not getting how to resolve this issue. If CR not allows to embed licensed fonts with PDF, I feel this may be its limitation and need to overcome.

__

Regards,

0 Kudos

If it exports from the viewer then it's likely a problem with accessing the font running under the local system account. Go into the Regional and Language settings and check on the option to allow all users to access all fonts.

Don