Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating MD5 hash value for flat file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I need to generate a MD5 hash value for a .txt file. I have used function MD5_CALCULATE_HASH_FOR_CHAR but the hash generated is different from the hash I can generate for the file using other programs in windows.

I think that the content of the file in sap and the content of the file in .txt changes due to intros and new pages in .txt.

¿Has anyone been able to generate the correct hash value before creating the .txt?

I have tryed to upload it after creating it, but the hash I get is the same as the hash I got before creating it, logically.

Thank you!

Paola

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

I have solved my own problem. The solution:

- Download the .txt file

- Upload the .txt file BUT as BIN.

- Calculate the hash code using function MD5_CALCULATE_HASH_FOR_RAW.

I have posted this in case someone has the same problem!.

Cheers,

Paola

0 Kudos

>

> Hi everybody!

> I have posted this in case someone has the same problem!.

Hello Paola,

I think this should be the spirit.

Good luck !!

Suhas

0 Kudos

>

> > Paola del Giorgio wrote:

> > > Hi everybody!

> > > I have posted this in case someone has the same problem!.

> I think this should be the spirit.

>

And one best thing would be to look at answers in the forum before posting (just look for MD5 and you have the answer)

0 Kudos

Sorry Sandra, but the answer to my specific question was NOT in the forum. I know, because I searched for it. If you are going to make this kind of comments, please recheck.

Thank you,

Paola

0 Kudos

>

> Sorry Sandra, but the answer to my specific question was NOT in the forum. I know, because I searched for it. If you are going to make this kind of comments, please recheck.

I made this answer because I had already answered that a few months ago:

ETC ETC etc etc etc

0 Kudos

You are right Sandra. My mistake was to limit my search to the last 90 days. In any case, I think it is more helpfull and constructive to redirect a person than to engage in this kind of dispute. We participate in this forum to help and be helped.

Best regards,

Paola

0 Kudos

You are right Paola, I apologize, I have definitely a problem with my tone of voice The 90 days default is not a good idea!

0 Kudos

No problem! Next time I will try and remember to eliminate the 90 days limit =D

Have a good day,

Paola