cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access calls SAP-RFC-function modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i have some trouble with an Access application. Access get some data from SAP via SAP-RFC-function modules. The whole function is programmed in MS-Access. I used the dll-/VBA-references of the SAP-GUI within Access. This still works since 2005. Now Access is updated to Version Access 2007 (MS-Office 2007) with SAP-LOGON 7.1 and I can not create the connection to SAP any more.

Now my question: Which libraries - SAP or Access - i have to implement in my Access-VBA-project / Access-application to connect Access to SAP and get the data sets from my SAP-RFC-function modules? Or is there any other chance to get the data from SAP to Access?

regards

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should still work, did you check sap notes?

If yes, please explain your connection method.

For example one method is to use:

- SAPLogonControl object: C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\wdtlog.ocx (name "SAP Logon Control")

- SAPFunctions object: C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\wdtfuncs.ocx (name "SAP Remote Function Call Control")

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

sorry of being late with my answer. I checked the named OCX-Files and assigned them to my VBA project within MS-Access. Now it still works )

Thanks for your help.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

how did you do it?

I use Access 2007 and SAP GUI 710. The button I click to initiate the RFC connection is not visible. It works with SAP GUI 640

ANY HELP

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue I'm encountering is strange. Similar to the original issue: Access 2007, SAPgui 710, SAP LogonControl not loading. Supposedly 710 works with Access 2003, and 640 still works with 2007.

If I click on the control, Access tells me "Because of your security settings and current security policy, this control is disabled. To modify your policy and enable the database, use the Message Bar." Of course, just my luck when no message bar pops up (Probaby because macros are already enabled). For fun, if I try to add a new SAP Logon Control object, I get "Microsoft Office Access doesn't support this ActiveX control." I've tried reregistering the two .ocx files you mentioned, which succeeded, and reopened my database several times, but no change.

In the VBA editor, under the References menu, there are currently no SAP modules selected, but even if I enable all of the available modules, the control still won't load. Does the SAP software need to be repaired? What am I missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the exact same issue.

any solutions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi about this answer, could you help me about hoe to add this ocx files to VB editor?

if you add this .ocx files you can work with tables in data base in SAP?

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

how did you do it.. I need steps

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What installations are necessary for the .wdo* and .wdt* files to appear in the SAP directory? I currently only got .wdk* files in the specified directory...

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

my solution with the SAP 7.20 Patchlevel 7 GUI and Office 2010 32 bit (without SP1). Be sure that you have registered the right OCX and DLL. There are some Differences between the 32 bit and 64 bit OS of the Server.

32 bit Server:

regsvr32 c:\program files\sap\frontend\sapgui\wdobapi.ocx

regsvr32 c:\program files\common files\sap shared\wdtlog.ocx

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\librfc32.dll

regsvr32 c:\program files\sap\frontend\sapgui\wdtaocx.ocx

regsvr32 c:\program files\sap\frontend\sapgui\wdtfuncs.ocx

64 bit Server:

regsvr32 c:\program files (x86)\sap\frontend\sapgui\wdobapi.ocx

regsvr32 c:\program files (x86)\common files\sap shared\wdtlog.ocx

regsvr32 c:\windows\SysWOW64\librfc32.dll

regsvr32 c:\program files (x86)\sap\frontend\sapgui\wdtaocx.ocx

regsvr32 c:\program files (x86)\sap\frontend\sapgui\wdtfuncs.ocx

After registered the files you have to enter them into the references of the Access Code. The new Microsoft Security doesnu2019t let you create a ActiveX Object, so you create a normal Access Button and put your RFC Code into the click event. Now it should work again, important is only that you have entered the right reference to the registered ocx and dllu2019s.

Best regards

Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Kofler,

do you have a example for the part "create a normal Access Button...".

I entered the reference for 64 bit Server allready

Thanks

Jens S