cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change ODBC DatabaseName but it does not change in CRXI R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sitting with a problem where I have my Test Database (BusinessTest) and my Live Database(Business) on the same server. Now the reports was created before i started at the company and they are all showing the Business.TableName if i go to "View SQL Query".

Now i have to do enhancements on the Report and i would like to first use the BusinessTest Database. My problem is that i can not get the "View SQL Query" to show the BusinessTest.TableName no matter what i do.

The setup is as follow

I am using Crystal Reports XI R2 (SP 4).

I connect to the MySQL database using the MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver

It connects to the Business database (Live)

When i change the ODBC driver it does not change in the "View SQL Query" it still refers to the Business Database.

I also verified the database and still it only looks back to the live one.

I created a new ODBC and made it look to the BusinessTest database and then updated the Datasource Location under the "Set Datasource Location" then verified the database again and still it looks at the Business(Live) database.

What exactly am i missing? Why can i not get to change the datasource location?

Hope Someone can help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here I am in 2016, same issue and I see not answer to the problem.

I have used the Database > Set Database Location.  If I look at properties it shows me the Database I want (call it CA2).  However if I try to run the report with parameters aligned with CA2 I get nothing returned.  When I Show the SQL Query tje FROM clause points to our QA database.

Normally I can re-point a report with the Set Database Location, but once it gets locked into the DB it wants, I cannot seem to correct it.

This seems to be a long term problem that is not being addressed.  This post started in 2009.  How about some way to change the parameters CR is saving so we can move on?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of CR are you using? Only asking as this post is specifying CR XI R2 (11.5) which has been out of support for over 3 years, so nothing will be fixed there. If it is a later version, you may consider creating a new Post(?).

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

0 Kudos

Hello,

Changing the DSN properties does not update the report DB connection info and not recommended to do so. You also need to Set Location using the Database drop down menu option.

Try this: Open up the ODBC Administrator and in the System DSN's change your original DSN back to the test server. Now create a new DSN and point it to the new Server. Open up Crystal Reports Designer, load the report, click on Database menu, Set Location and browse to your new DSN. Clcik on the Update button when you have the old DSN in the report high lighted and then click on the new DSN you just connected to and click the Update button.

Now from the Database drop down menu click on Verify database. You should now be able to run the report and then show SQL to see the new data.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don...

I followed the steps very carefully and still i dont get the report to look at my other database. It keeps showing me the wrong database in the "Show SQL Query" window.

Some more suggestions as to change my ODBC connection?

I also followed the steps and when i created the Secon System DSN i did not assigned a database to it.

Then i updated the DataSource Location and still it gave the wrong database's info.

I verified the database (but the ODBC does not have a DB Specified) and it came back to me saying Database is upto date.

Edited by: Gremlin1708 on Sep 25, 2009 10:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don...

I was playing around some more with the info that you gave me and i went further to also update each and every single table, view and stored procedure that my report(s) uses and only then it looked to the new database.

This means that for every report i have to go to "Set database Location"

1. select the ODBC connection update that

2. Select each and every single table that the report used and update that as well?

That is the way i got my report to look at the new database. Is that they way it is suppose to work or must my ODBC update, automatically update all the locations of the tables also?

But i managed to sort the problem atleast with the help you wrote.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also having the same issues.

I have added a new table from test database and now when i view the SQL Query it is pointing all the old tables to different database and the new table to test database and i have tried updating each and every table with the update from set data source location and still no change.... any other suggestions ?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This forum is dedicated to topics related to custom application development or deployment with Crystal Reports in .Net. This includes full versions of Crystal Reports as well as those versions of Crystal Reports bundled with Microsoft Visual Studio .Net.

Your query appears to be related to Report Database connectivity, thus moving this thread to Data Connectivity - Crystal Reports forum:

Ludek