cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ranking order in House Banks

Former Member

Dear SAP GURUs,

I would like to know how the ranking order in House Bank concept works?

Kindly guide me.

Thanks and regards,

Vinayak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Find below the process of Ranking in House Banks

For each payment method, you have to specify which house banks are permissible and then assign a ranking order to the list of permissible banks. For each payment method/house bank combination, you specify via which bank account the payment is to be made.

During the payment run, the payment program attempts to determine a house bank and a bank account for which the available amount is sufficient for the payment. The following results are possible:

u2022No house bank is found that fulfills all the conditions, which means that the payment cannot be made with the method used to carry out the check. The system then checks the next available bank. If no bank is found, the payment method cannot be used. The next payment method (if one exists) is checked. This is recorded in the payment run log.

u2022One house bank only is determined. This house bank makes the payment.

u2022The system lists several house banks. The house bank makes the payment with the highest priority (in accordance with the defined ranking order of the banks).

The payment run does not split the amounts. If the amount in a bank account is not sufficient for a payment, the payment program chooses a different bank account. If no other bank account is found from which it can post the total amount of a payment, the payment is not made.

Hope it helps

SJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit,

Thanks for your quick and clear response.

I would like to know in APP, if my one vendor is having due amount of Rs. 45000/ and another with Rs. 55,000.00. We want to have cheue to be printed for 45000/ from one bank and Rs. 55,000/ from another bank. Both the amount contents multiple amounts (like 50001500020000+5000=45000) as limit should be upto 50000/ from one bank and above 50000/ from another bank. There is no Bank disbursement limit upto 50000/ Bank can pay 10 vendors 450000/ (45000 each for 10 vendors)

Kindly guide me.

Thanks and regards,

Vinayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak ,

I feel that the scenario you have explained is possible in SAP.

Run the APP with Vendor 1 for 45000 and do the payment for that as per the ranking order.

For the other Vendor 2 , do the payment run and Edit the proposal and change the House Bank , so payment will be done by that bank.

Hope it helps

SJ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ranking order setting in FBZP and select the bank determination. ranking coloum is there.it is main purpose for ex:

you main the two bank a/c

BANK NAME RS

.SBI- 100000

ICICI 50000

if you have run the app the system verfied bank amount .