cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DI Server status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All,

I know many people have talked about DI server on this forum in "negative" terms. We are currently reviewing this as a possible platform on which to develop a web application that will allow users to create sales orders, update business partner info etc.

I have a few general questions about DI SErver:

1) How much does it cost for a license for DI Server?

2) Is DI server codebase updated every time DI API is updated? (IE. Are new objects added, bug fixes etc..)

3) Will it be supported and updated for future releases or will it be phased out?

4) Has anyone had any success using DI server in the method described above? Many of the posts I read about DI server are problems, errors, bugs etc...

Thanks for any information that can be provided.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Curtis,

With respect to your questions ...

1) How much does it cost for a license for DI Server?

<b>-You would need to check with your SAP Channel Manager on the price</b>

2) Is DI server codebase updated every time DI API is updated? (IE. Are new objects added, bug fixes etc..)

<b>- The core of the DI Server itself is the DI API so as the DI is updated so is the DI Server. There are differences however with respect to what can be done via the DI Server and the DI API itself. The SDK HelpCenter will give you details around this as that is where the DI Server documentation is located for version 2005A.</b>

3) Will it be supported and updated for future releases or will it be phased out?

<b>- Not aware of any plans currently to phase out the DI Server.</b>

4) Has anyone had any success using DI server in the method described above? Many of the posts I read about DI server are problems, errors, bugs etc...

<b>- In the US I know there are ISV's that have used and are using the DI Server, although I think that there are few mainly because they have been able to craft their solutions using the DI and UI API's and have not had a need for the DI Server to date. </b>

HTH,

Eddy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

We recently developed a complete package based on the DI server, written in .ASP. The package includes Add/Edit Leads/Quotations/Orders and invoicing. Also it includes BP adding/editing and related contacts.

It took us a long time to figure out the DI Server. We did'nt find much help in the included documentation. So at times we were very frustrated with the product.

After a few bug fixes the package works very well. There is some performace related subjects, but the overall product seems to be working fine. We have implemented the DI server package in our own company, and have sold several packages to customers.

You can buy our package, and modufy the sourcecode to fit your needs. Pricing around 2.000 Euro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell me who I can contact to get more information about DI server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Curtis,

1) At least here in Scandinavia the price of DI Server is currently 1000 EUR per CPU. There is no contractual limit for the number of concurrent connections - this also means that the concurrent DI Server sessions per named user are not limited to two as in DI API.

4) We have built successful solutions in several customer projects for instance in the areas of business partner masterdata management, activity management, order booking and viewing document history.

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Henry.

I appreciate your time in sharing your experiences with me. There is not a lot of information around about DI Server.

Do you know where I can find any more code samples? help files etc...? I know there are lots for the DI API but I cannot find any for DI Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, the SDK Help Center on this site contains a help file that explains a lot of necessary background stuff.

For a quick and dirty test setup, check out the old message thread "More questions about DI Server". There you will find a simple asp script that is easier to set up than the application mentioned in the help file.

I will probably post a blog about debugging in the DI Server environment later on.

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Henry. Please let me know when you post a blog about this issue as I would be very interested in reading more about this topic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone from SAP able to comment on this please? We really need to know whether the DI Server is a worthwhile product to use or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Curtis,

I'm not from SAP, but i had some bad experience in DI Server when it had encountered network interruption. After it, the processing of Marketing Documents had doubled and i had to each one create a Credit Memo to balance it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any of our great SAP experts comment on the DI Server?

We want to build a product based on DI server but not without some information.