cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiling and searching Knowledge Articles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are currently developing a CRM Service Project, and I am wondering which one is the Knowledge Base for Knowledge Articles , or how shall I proceed in order to compile KA. I have read and watched a blog about KA in CRM 7.0, where the author says that there is a standar KB which should be compiled.

When I record KAs, and then try to search them, I get the following error:

The search service has received error Index does not exist;index=saf:bcd_200_kaen from TREX. If I log in spanish the error is similar with index=saf:bcd_200_kaes.

We have standard knowledge search working properly, so we can search problems and solutions, but I suppose that SDB and related DDBB are not relevant for KA.

I would really appreciate any help on this issue.

thanks in advance.

Pablo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just solved my problem. KA database was not created when I recorded the first KA, but TREX was working fine with SDB. So I decided to create KA base manually and configure compilation. Compiled it and now it's working fine!! In fact, I almost decided to use KA instead of Problems&Solutions, since it looks more powerful.

regards,

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pablo,

I saw your post and was wondering if you would be able to answer my query. We are CRM 5.0 and have successfully implemented the TREX engine and are getting the problems and solution to display. However, we would like to change the database from using SDB to using a more customized name ..like ACME INC and then a sub database like ACME IT issues / ACME product issues. We are unable to figure out how to go about changing the deafult SDB to displaying the custome ones we've created. Any ides?

Thanks in advance,

Kev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Well, I'm new on this and have only worked on CRM 6 & 7. I'll give you my advice regarding these CRM versions. I don't know if it is supported on CRM 5.

IMG:

CRM >> Enterprise Intelligence >> SAF >> Name and Configure KB

You create and define you DB as you want: ACME INC

CRM >> Enterprise Intelligence >> SAF >> Business Add-Ins >> BAdI: Knowledge Base

Each knowledge base should have its own Add-In implementation. So you have to implement an Add-In based on Add-In definition CRM_SAF_KB_*: CRM_SAF_KB_ACME. You can follow IMG documentation.

In my case, the add-in already existed, since Knowledge Article functionality is standard in 7.0. KB didn't exist, I don't know why. I just created it with the name assigned on the BAdI, compiled, and everything works fine now.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Pablo