cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant see Open Activities in my NWDS, ERROR com.tssap.dtr.client.eclipse.ui.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a wierd problem. In my NWDS, I did three different developemnts and put them all in 3 different activities. Now my developemnt is complete and I want to check in my activities to NWDI.

When i go to DTR and look in open activities, I dont find my activities. But if i try to change any file then it is not asking me for an activity. But if i right click on the file and go to DTR-->Edit ..then it gives me a pop up and shows all my 3 open activities and asks me to select one of the 3 ..or create a noew activity.

IF i create a new open acitivity also.i cant find this new activity in my open activities in DTR.

I dont know what is wrong..Now i have to check in my code to NWDI as my development is complete and still I cant find the open activities. In general, i select the activity and give a right click and say Check in. But now in first place i am not finding my activities at all..so i cant see a way to check in them.

Also when i am checking open activities in my NWDI perspective...i am getting following errors

There is no configuration found for com.tssap.dtr.client.eclipse.ui.treeBrowser.RepositoryView view. Empty TreeInput provider will be used.

There is no configuration found for com.tssap.dtr.client.eclipse.ui.treeBrowser.OpenActivityView view. Empty TreeInput provider will be used.

There is no configuration found for com.sap.ide.eclipse.cbs.activation.ui.views.InactiveActivityView view. Empty TreeInput provider will be used.

20:47:20.651 WARNING: Local only folder item (maybe added to repository), but local file/folder does not exist: C:\Documents and Settings\visrajulocal\.dtc\0\DCs\sap.com\crm\home\shr\ext\_comp\src\packages\com\bd\isa\catalog\actions\ZABC.java => ZABC.java (C:\Documents and Settings\jessicasamlocal\.dtc\0\DCs\sap.com\crm\home\shr\ext\_comp\src\packages\com\bd\isa\catalog\actions\ZABCjava)

Can anyone tell me what is going wrong..? Has any one experienced the same problem before? ......Any help will be highly appreciate. Thanks.

Regards,

Jessica Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm afraid your NWDS installation has become corrupted. Try running the installer again and see if that fixes the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for helping me with this Pascal.

I am afraid i dont want to install NWDS as i have a NWDWP installed in my system which comes with my J2ee engine too so that I can set up a Local Web Shop so that I can build and deploy my files locally and chek in the code only when i am satisfied that they are working as expected in my local machine.

My J2EE engine is perfctly all right and works well..i have a problem only with my NWDS. is there a way i can install only NWDS..without corupting my local J2ee engine in my system?

Thanks

Jessica Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, NWDS is available for download separately (Developer Studio) on the Service Marketplace. Just make sure you get the correct version and SP level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal,

My problem is solved.I dint reinstall NWDS, but I deleted the metadata folder and reimported the tracks and also did the J2ee engine settings again in preferences and now i can see my open activities and the error also dissaparead. I could also check in my activities.

Thanks

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Funny thing is, I had a similiar issue this week. Removing the .metadata folder and restarting NWDS fixed my NWDS as well.

Perhaps it's a good idea to make a backup of .metadata folder every once in a while...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah Pascal,

Perhaps...taking a periodic backup of .metadata folder is a good idea.

Regards,

Jessica Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica

I have the same issue like you, I deleted the .metadata folder, but now all configurations are gone with the new metadata.

Can you explain me please the steps you performed to set your configuration again?

With this fix, I'll have to download all configurations and create projects for the all Development Configurations required which is very time consuming. There are another way?

The change done has somehow corrupted my NWDS in Windows -> Preferences of the options above "Composite Application Modeler" are gone and displaying blank.

Can you help me please?

Thank you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have sthe same problem.

1- Backed up and removed .metadata, .dtr, .dtc folder an than reconnect my NWDS to dev system. İt did not work

2- Remove NWDS and reinstall it, it didnt work too.

Could you help me ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only delete the .metadata folder, not the rest and try again, please.

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam also facing a similar problem. As mentioned above, I have deleted the .metadata folder and restarted my NWDS. But nothing worked.

Also my problem is once i close my NWDS under Inactive DC my Configuration is gone and it is not be seens.