16 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2014 11:09 PM by Yugandhar Reddy RSS

Homepage Framework: launch external URL for service?

Christopher Solomon
Currently Being Moderated

I am almost...ALMOST...to the point of beating my head against the wall. For ESS, I am setting up a fairly customized Homepage Framework (Area Group page with 6 Area pages). I have a LOT of ESS related external URLs for various forms, policies, etc. that I want to link as services. Soooo I have defined each one as a service with the setting "Direct URL launched in a separate window" and assigned my custom resource to this. The resource is simply defined with a key name and the URL to the external link. I would think that in runtime, a link would appear on the Area page showing the text as define by the service I configured and when clicked by a user, it would launch an external browser window directed to the URL as I defined in the resource. But this is NOT happening. In fact, nothing happens at all. The sparce documentation seems to suggest that this is possible but I can not figure this out. Is this actually possible or am I missing something?!?! I wouldn't think I need to define a PCD page/URL iView combo for each and every form and link them that way (yes, I did that just to show that at least that works but again, that would be insane for 50+ HR forms/links that change often). Any advice greatly appreciated!

Actions