cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update on SAP BusinessObjects Analysis software (aka Pioneer)

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The current details about SAP BusinessObjects Analysis software (both OLAP Edition and Microsoft Office Edition) are available at <currently being updated>

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) When will SAP Business Object Analysis for Excel Feature Pack 3 will be available?

2) We are on version 1.2.7.1714 and  have BOE OLAP connection(SSO) issue. After selecting the OLAP connection using SSO it ask for relogin

3) Display of text works only if the characteristic is in the rows. When i filter if I chosse text it doesn't work when I use a filter component.

4) Will tehre be query properties functionality available in Analysis for Excel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a document describing the roadmap of SAP BO strategic development similar to this but in a more detailed level? http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/business-objects-for-sap-faq

I'd like to know more about plans to support OLAP sources such as Mondrian. SAP BW, Microsoft SSAS and Oracle Essbase are mentioned in many documents but there is nothing if BO could connect to for example Mondrian. Is there any plans to support Mondrian?

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just returned from the Reporting and Analytics conference and several SAP folks told me it was available for download now, however I have the same problem, I cannot find the download anywhere. Not on SDN (I get a NO DATA error on the link) and not on Service Marketplace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hellol.

As far as I know the ramp up phase is over.

So my question is: When will the product be officially lauched?

Any informations?

Thanks in advance.

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also need the download linke to advanced analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thank you for your answer.

I have another question... the final environment after installation would be a WebAS or not?

Regards

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

There are two versions of SAP BusinessObjects Analysis; an edition for OLAP (which is a web based zero-footprint client) and an edition for MS Office which provides plugins to Excel and Powerpoint.

So, for the OLAP edition the final environment is web based.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ian,

I am having problems finding the download for the office version of Analysis. It seems to be no longer under the Business Objects portfolio tree in SDC.

Could you kindly point me to the right direction

Thanks in advance

Nikolas

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Nikolas

Visit the SAP Support Portal and click on...

Software Downloads

SAP Software Disribution Centre

Support Packages and Patches

Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group

SAP BusinessObjects portfolio (on the right hand side)

SBOP ADV. ANALYSIS OFFICE

SBOP ADV. ANALYSIS OFFICE 1.0

Win32

The last file in the list is the current latest version (1.0 SP03)

Regards

lieven_vanherpe2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ian,

I have the same problem finding the download for Advanced Analysis.

During the ramp-up period there was a link to it in SWDC, but with the remark No Data Available.

After the ramp-up period, the link disappeared.

I've checked by some colleagues and they also can't find the software.

Regards,

Lieven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Link to download the Advanced Analysis is still missing.

/Br

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to download this as well. could not see the link to SBOP Adv Analytics after following the paths.. has anyone been able to download successfully?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

the Link is still mising!

Ian can you help us?

Regards

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the link below from the AA Home page and it doesn't have the software available for download.

http://www.service.sap.com/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=DISPHIER&HEADER=N&FUNCTION...

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how about the license?

do i need to have a license to use Advanced Analysis for Office?

we are already BO enterprise cusotmer and we have enterprise license

thanks

Amr

jenbeatty
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes, you need a license for the BI Package.

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

"Advanced Analysis Office" has been renamed to "Analysis edition for MS Office". It is now generally available. It is a premium offering so you may need to contact your account manager if it is not available to you at the SAP Support Portal.

To download Analysis edition for MS Office...

Visit the SAP Support Portal and click on...

Software Downloads

SAP Software Distribution Centre

Support Packages and Patches

Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group

SAP BusinessObjects portfolio (on the right hand side)

SBOP ANALYSIS MS OFFICE

Win32

The last file in the list is the current latest version (1.0 SP04)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is Advanced Analysis edition for OLAP available for download? We have been waiting for a OLAP client that support SSAS Action, KPI for the longest time...

Thanks

-rs

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello "rs"

Analysis edition for OLAP is part of the SAP BusinessObjects BI suite and will be available when the suite is available. The product is shortly entering the ramp-up with general availability expected in Q1 2011.

However, to your specific comments around the support of MSAS features, for A-OLAP 4.0 the featureset for MSAS remains the same as Voyager; ie it does not support MSAS KPIs or MSAS Actions.

We have a new portal called Ideas Place ([http://ideas.sap.com|http://ideas.sap.com]) where you can enter ideas for product enhancements. These are voted by other customers and help us prioritise the features we add to the product. You can also vote on the other submitted ideas too.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

According to the presentation... on Page 31

-

􀂄 Major MSAS features already supported in first version of SAP BusinessObjects Analysis,

edition for OLAP.

􀂄 Planned support of following MSAS features in the harmonized SAP BusinessObjects

Analysis & Web Intelligence product

􀂄 Server-based named sets

􀂄 Dimension attributes (within hierarchies)

􀂄 Actions

􀂄 KPIs

􀂄 Drill-Through (available in Voyager)

-

I guess this must has been removed?

Thanks

-rs

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello RS

The PPT is correct.

"Planned support of following MSAS features in the harmonized SAP BusinessObjects Analysis & Web Intelligence product".

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian, can you please confirm if the SAP Business Objects Analysis Software is currenly only available for Customers with BO Licenses. We currently have SAP BW and BO Edge and we were informed that we cannot have the tool available to us..

Was wanting to know the dependencies for it not to work in purely SAP BW Landscape.

taudas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

SAP BusinessObjects Analysis software is not included in the SAP BusinessObjects Edge BI license. There are different options to license SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, I'd recommend you to contact your local SAP representative to investigate what option would make most sense for your organization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian. i have question, the AA installation schema would be a WebAS or still a Windows server not in SAP WebAS environment.

Regards

Edited by: Oscar Díaz on Sep 23, 2010 11:16 AM

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Oscar,

"Analysis, edition for OLAP" does not require a Windows server or a SAP WebAS environment. It can be installed on a variety of other web app servers and also on Linux/Unix (eg SUSE, AIX, Solaris...)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Which will be the procedure to create the query view in Pioneer?

1. In Bex Query Designer: Create a BW Query with Restricted and Calculated Key Figures

2. Create View in Pioneer

or

1. Query Query/View in Pioneer

I don't understand how or when will be use the BEX Query Designer or this tool don't use anymore.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Gustavo

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Gustavo

Queries are still created using the Query Designer. However, the capabilities in Advanced Analysis mean that users can connect to Queries or Infocubes and add their own filtering (static and conditional), conditional formatting (exception highlighting), sorting, layout of hierarchies (characteristics), create their own calculations on measures (key figures) etc.

It is expected that most users will still start their analysis based off a query, but they can also use Advanced Analysis to connect to an Infocube and start "from scratch".

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ian,

Thanks for the info so far.

We are at the moment of starting a big project with BW and are wondering what to do with the front end tools. Webi will not do as it cannot create structures like in BW-BEx, but we want to create a future proof architecture.

If I understand it correctly we are able to reuse BW queries to create Pioneer reports. That raises 3 questions for me:

1. What is the best practice to use Pioneer: a) via a BW query of b) directly on top of the BW multiprovider

2. Dos Pioneer support structures like BW so you will be able to define the each line of the report in detail (like for a P&L report)

3. Will BW queries and BW Excel Workbooks with BW Queries be supported by BW 7.3

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards,

Peter-Jan Simons

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

where from we can download the software for Advanced Analysis?

does it need a license? if yes, there is no trial version?

iv'e been browsing the SMP and i cant find it there.

thanks

Amr

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Amr

There are 2 editions of Advanced Analysis; a web edition and a Microsoft Office edition.

The web edition is currently part of the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0 beta.

Visit https://service.sap.com/swdc then navigate....

SAP Software Distribution Center

Installations and Upgrades

Installations and Upgrades - Entry by Application Group

SAP BusinessObjects portfolio

SBOP ENTERPRISE

SBOP ENTERPRISE XI 4.0... then choose platform etc.

You may need to contact your account manager to get access to the courtesy beta program.

The MS Office edition has been released and is available for SBOP Enterprise XI 3.1.

Visit https://service.sap.com/swdc then navigate....

SAP Software Distribution Center

Again, you may need to contact your account manager to get access to Advanced Analysis Office Edition.

Regards

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i just contacted my Account manager

he said "the BO XI 4.0 is not out yet and beta software ramp up is also not yet decided. "

may you clear this from your side?

thanks

Amr

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Amr

Beta and ramp-up are two different phases; beta is prior to ramp up.

For XI 4.0 we are in the beta phase and your account manager can contact Laurent Leclercq for entry to the courtesy beta program.

Once XI 4.0 is released to customers, then we enter the ramp-up phase. After the ramp-up phase XI 4.0 will become generally available.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

How does one go about contacting Laurent Leclercq? Do you have an email address for him?

Thanks,

Lisa Yates

General Cable

Business Objects Architect

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Lisa

Please contact Laurent via your account manager.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian

From my understanding, the webediton of "AdvancedAnalysis" can connect both to SSAS and SAP:s cubes.

Can the office edition of AdvancedAnalysis (the addin for Excel/PPT), connect to SSAS?

Regards

Björn

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Bjorne

I have been on vacation and apologise for the delay in responding.

In short AA Office can only connect to SAP/BW. There are no immediate plans at this time to add connectivity for SSAS.

Regards

0 Kudos

I just noticed that SBOP ADV. ANALYSIS OFFICE 1.0 has gone missing from the SWDC. Only SBOP ADV. ANALYSIS OFFICE 1.1 remains. Any idea what's going on, where it can be found?

SAP Software Distribution Center = https://service.sap.com/swdc

SBOP ADV. ANALYSIS OFFICE 1.0 <<< No longer there!

0 Kudos

The solution to my question was on the previous page of this thread.

Advanced Analysis for MS Office Win32 can be found via the link below.

http://www.service.sap.com/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=DISPHIER&HEADER=N&FUNCTION...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

How are you working with Advanced Analysis for Excel? My client used it a lot but it crashes frequently - suddenly and randomly. You don't know when it crashes, but when it does, all your work gets lost.

I've tried with both 1.0 and 1.1, with the latest patch (SP12 for 1.0 and SP4 for 1.1). Message raised to SAP but no luck yet.

Thanks,

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even i used to face this issue couple of months back. I tried to trace the error and i found some RFC related error in log file. I reinstalled the network management software and also SAP GUI, which seems to have fixed my issue!

I would also suggest to run "NwCheckWorkstation" (found under the <extract folder>/DATA_UNITS\SBOP_ADV_ANALYSIS_11\Installation\setup). It lets one know if the installation was clean. I was able to trouble shoot some issues by executing this application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have to creat a work book on the top of a infocube (I do not want to use BEX query). Can you please tell me how we can do calculation on key figures in advanced analysis. Also please tell how do we get promt screen (selection screen) in advanced analysis.

Thanks.

Edited by: Ashish Duhan on Jan 23, 2012 1:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.