Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Customer Master

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to create a customer account in SAP ECC. We have a Salesforce.com CRM which would be configured to create customer data and the same will be synch. with SAP ECC.

I need to know which BAPI can i use to create a customer account in SAP ECC and what are the minimum minimum fields required to create a custome in SAP. We are focussing on creating customer of type bill-to-party.

The Salesforece will have it's own unique id to identify the custemer I would need to have this ID as legacy ID in SAP and create customer. Please help me in this.

Thanks,

Santhosh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is NOBAPI to create or maintain a customer master data in ECC.

• If you are using a SAP CRM, there is a synchronisation plug-in to synchronise.

• If you are out of any SAP system, you may follow [note 384462|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/384462]. In short, you may uses ALE distribution with DEBMAS idocs or batchinput session.

Starting with ECC 2005, you may investigate through class CMD_EI_API, there are 2 methods that could help you : MAINTAIN and MAINTAIN_BAPI.

BR

Alain

former_member195709
Participant
0 Kudos

Alain,

I have noted in few replies , you have suggested not to use SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL Function Module.

We have few appended ZZfields in KNA1 table, not meant for user interface.

Since we have an automated method, we would like to use fields only for user display function, not for changing. We donu2019t have any option with LSMW or Batch input.

However SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL is very attractive and works during the test except tracking change documents.

Regarding IDOC donu2019t we need to have those fields as part of user interface in change mode? I didnu2019t really enhance the segment and try this option which is the last one I need to do. In our current version ECC 5.0 there is no such warning added to this function module!

Any input will be appreciated.

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL is not to be used at all.

I know this is very attractive. This is the main reason why I insist that much.

If I would be allowed, I would rename it or even suppress it.

For the IDOC processing, no you don't really need to have your Z fields ready for maintenance in the screen.

BAdI CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA_BI has several methods were you can easily add the maintenance of your Z fields in update task...

But you are right, ideally the maintenance of Z fields should be done in BAdI CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA.

In this BAdI, either you implement method SAVE_DATA exists for custom data.

Otherwise, for appended fields to standard data and maintained within the transacion CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA_CS could be implemented.

Hope this helps

BR

Alain

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

I suggest you re-post this question to the Business Objects Integration Kits - SAP or possibly the Business Objects OnDemand forum.