cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Informatica and SAP integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have user manual how to connect Informatica and SAP. There are some examples, like.

1. an ABAP program - generated by Informaticas tool, deployed to SAP, runs on SAP, result is dumped into some file, and then imported to informatica over NFS or FTP

2. by running a BAPI or RFC

3. ALE, receiving or sending IDOCs directly from/to SAP.

And that all is OK, but I'm curious how to connect Informatica with XI/PI? Is there some blog or user-manual, is there some specific adapter?

thx

Mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

>how to connect Informatica and SAP

Data integration using the ABAP program

IDoc integration using ALE

Data integration using RFC/BAPI functions

Data migration integration

Business content integration

If you wann to use PI in between SAP & Informatica as Prateek & Shaba mentioned you can use File to connect Informatica & PI.

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm aware of IDOC, BAPI, ABAPcommunication, but XI and except files?

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

It Depends how data is received from Informatica.

If data is received in flat file then use File adapter otherwise you can also fetch data from database using jdbc adapter.

Also I think we have a plug in from informatica where you can send directly to SAP.

Regards

Abhijit

helena_carmo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

How you would recommend to interface BI 7.0 and Informatica?

Staging BAPIs are not supported in BI 7.0. What is best practice in BI 7.0, is to use WebServices? Files? UD Connect? DB Connect?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Helena

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Connect using File adapter.

Regards,

Prateek

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

from most of the information around it seems informatica can create file that can be used by PI or vice versa. So basically it will be via files that informatica - PI exchange of information can happen. The BAPI/RFC, IDoc etc can be used to interface between SAP (ECC,R3) and PI