Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading IDOC data into a local file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Requirement is to download the idoc data in to a local file.

Do we have any standard program using which we can download the data of idoc segments into a local file.

I have already tried with WE02 and going to Menu path- Idoc-> Print idoc to generate the Spool, but this attempt is going for a timeout dump. As the idoc is very huge with around 64000 segments.

Please suggest me any other possible options available to acheive this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

KBram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try using table name EDID4 to download idoc data . Put this table name in SE16 and enter the idoc numbers ,

Regards,

Adarsh Srivastava

8 REPLIES 8

former_member667836
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

write a program to read the Idoc(IDOC_READ_COMPLETELY) and download the same to local file using download function.

cheers

shibu

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor

Hello KB Ram,

You have a program RSECHK05 using which you can check the data of the idoc segements.

Please make a point of clicking the "Output in Internal Formal" pushbutton.

The output will come in a classical report format with which you can play around.

BR,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thx for the reply.

Unfortunately we dont have the authorization in our systems to run that standard report.

I have also checked with the EDID4 table entries, but the entries does not have the SDATA values.

Do we have any other alternatives to achieve retreiving the existing idoc data into any file format.

Br,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is much better than EDID4.

0 Kudos

This program was very useful to review IDOC Structure, field and values (in cases of existing IDOC).

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you use a file port, IDoc will be in text format in the specified destination.

I prefer this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can try using table name EDID4 and download the idoc data. Put this table name in SE16 and enter the idoc numbers .

Regards,

Adarsh Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try using table name EDID4 to download idoc data . Put this table name in SE16 and enter the idoc numbers ,

Regards,

Adarsh Srivastava