cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence of operations - Direct Delta, Queued Delta, Unserialized V3 Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the below understanding about each update method correct?

a) Direct Delta

- The user selects a process (e.g. creating, updating or deleting a purchase order), fills the fields in the screen, presses SAVE.

- A module makes inserts, updates and deletes on the Application Tables.

- This or another module inserts delta relevant information (e.g.: before and after image, the key for deletion, reverse image, etc) about this PO in the Communication Structures.

- Another module reads the Comm Structures and inserts this information in the Delta Queue.

- COMMIT the operations in the App Tables and in the Delta Queue.

- The user receives a success message.

b) Queued Delta

- The user selects a process, fills the fields in the screen, presses SAVE.

- A module makes inserts, updates and deletes on the App Tables.

- This or another module inserts delta relevant information about this PO in the Comm Structures.

- Another module reads the Comm Structures and inserts this information in the Extraction Queue.

- COMMIT the operations in the App Tables and in the Extraction Queue.

- Periodically, a Collective Run inserts this information in the Delta Queue and deletes it from the Extraction Queue.

c) Unserialized V3 Update

- The user selects a process, fills the fields in the screen, presses SAVE.

- A module makes inserts, updates and deletes on the App Tables.

- COMMIT the operations in the App Tables.

- This or another module inserts delta relevant information about this PO in the Comm Structures.

- Another module reads the Comm Structures and inserts this information in the Information Structures (also known as Statistical Tables), as part of the LIS data flow u2013 as I understand it has nothing to do with LO data extraction, but it is coded this way.

- If the inserts into the Information Structures work well, another module reads the Comm Structures and inserts this information in the Update Table.

- Periodically, a Collective Run inserts this information in the Delta Queue and deletes it from the Update Table.

Thanks

César Menezes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls go thru this blog on this 3 updates...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1183. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

--

rgds,

Edited by: Krishna Rao on Oct 4, 2009 9:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna

Thanks for your attention, but I've already read:

- Roberto Negrou2019s blogs,

- OSS Note 505700,

- Power point u201CNew Update Methods for Logistics Extraction with PI 2003.1u201D (quoted in the OSS Note, link u201Chttp://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700005772172002u201D),

- many threads wich provided very useful information.

I need now more detailed information, step by step operation on each update method, like I posted in the thread.

Actually I want to cross this information with another thread I posted (), about Figure 6 (Comparison among call function hierarchies involved in different update methods).

This Figure is showed in Negrou2019s Episode Three and in the power point. I believe that this figure is wrong or at least is missing something.

Do you know about these two points, or can you please forward to someone who can help us ???

Thanks

César Menezes