SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

Where do I find the SAP Best Practices for IS-H and IS-H*Med.Did SAP release the same? Eagerly awaiting your replies.

Regards,

K.V.S.Phani Prasad.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AFAIK there are no SAP best practices published for i.s.h.med.

One reason for that may be that the implementations in this industry segment are very country specific (for a large part due to country specific legal regulations and industry procedures) and therefore such KnowHow lies at the involved implementation shops and the various usergroups.

my 2 cents,

anton

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AFAIK there are no SAP best practices published for i.s.h.med.

One reason for that may be that the implementations in this industry segment are very country specific (for a large part due to country specific legal regulations and industry procedures) and therefore such KnowHow lies at the involved implementation shops and the various usergroups.

my 2 cents,

anton

0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

What about ISH

Regards,

Phani Prasad

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not aware that BestPractices for SAP for Healthcare (IS-H) exist officially. There's a [collection of specific guides|http://service.sap.com/healthcare-guides] on the service marketplace though, which are informative but do not resemble a BestPractices package like in other industries.

Anyway, maybe someone more knowledged in SAP for Healthcare implementation than me chimes in to give you additional info if there is one.

regards,

anton

0 Kudos

Hi,

From Patient Management perspective, there are also no best practices available as of today. I have heard of ongoing activities to build first best practises, but I can't say what scope and what country.

Cheers, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

I am new to SAP Healthcare but would like to add few lines based on knowledge. There are no  best practices for IS-H and ISH Med.

Based on standard healthcare agencies such as HIMSS, HL7, AHIMA and IHE you can compare SAP healthcare solution with guidelines suggested  by these organisations. There certain standard fetaures EHR solution should contain for example result reporting, e prescription, document management, Computerized provider order entry (CPOE), PHR and integration with Health information exchange (HIE).

You can map these practices with SAP Healthcare solution and identify gaps if any.

Thanks

Ankush

0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

For IS-H, actually there is a Best Practice Package based on IS-H 605 on the SAP Service Marketplace: