SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMS or DBM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have gone through the online documentation..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dimp50/helpdata/EN/91/88c43ace7a3b46e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

I have come across the terms OEM, Importer and Dealer.

if example the Automobile Maufacturing Company wants to implement SAP.

1) Who is Importer here???

2) what we have to suggest..Whether VMS or DBM or Both..

Kindly guide me..

With Regards

Azeez.Mohd

10 REPLIES 10

bcrao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It is VMS- which you require.

DBM generally consists of more service warranty claims from oEM etc.

For manufacturer- Only SALES and also Trade-in activities you can use Procurement functionalities. The same case also usefuly, if manufacturer company opening seperate company in another country and importing from from manufacturing plants and selling to local dealers

Thanks

chidambaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the Getting Started section on the Automotive BPX page gives a good overview on the different roles in the context of sales and service organizations:

<> [original link is broken]

DBM is targeted to end customer business (B2C) and VMS is targeted to business to business processes.

Best regards,

Claudia

kaus_desh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Azeez ,

DBM is dealer business management - is for service area function from dealers prespective. OEM can only be able to used a warranty versions of it and some functionalities as packages, supercessions etc

VMS- Vehicle management system is a pure importar scenario , used at OEM or at IMporter of vehicle . Treding of vehicle is possible with it.with we can do warranty processing.

IS - AUTO is a complete package and correct suite for OEM business application.

please read this

http://download.sap.com/industries/automotive/large/customers/download.epd?context=295CD87ACDA874FA3....

Kaustubh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

OEM: Orginal Equipment Manufactuer (Honda, Toyota) etc

DBM: Dealer Business Managment system, can be for wholsale and retail. Go to SAP automotive and find out more.

Distributor: Could be OEM or any group distributor has agreement with to distribute their vehicles within an assigned area.

VMS: Vehicle Management System can be used by OEM or Automotive retailer.

If your dealing with a automotive retailer check out dealer management system (DMS).

Edited by: Hank Doig on Oct 23, 2009 7:23 AM

0 Kudos

Dear Azeez,

The answer to your question depends on what the OEM / IMPORTER / DEALER wants to use SAP Automotive for.

VMS or DBM are applications which help sell vehicles (either from Importer to dealer OR Dealer to End customer )

If the OEM wants to use it to sell it to some of its dealers, they can use either of VMS or DBM depending on the usage.

An OEM can buy DBM and can pass it to all its dealers also.

SO, all of them can use these applications interchangeably apart from the dealer. There is also a way that a dealer can use VMS to process their regular sales or services.

SO, the answer is you can propose either VMS or DBM depending on the scenario that the OEM is planning to use.

Hope this info helps.

Best regards,

Harsha

0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

My Client is Purely an OEM.

They want to use it to map, vehicle sales to dealers..(from OEM to Dealer).

I feel VMS is the best soultion.

Kindly guide me...

With Regards

Azeez.Mohd

0 Kudos

Dear Azeez,

Based on the previous post, it is best suggested that the OEM goes for VMS, when they want to sell vehicles to their dealers or branches.

Best regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Azeez,

I am working for an auomotive industry OEM, I would like to learn SAP DBM do you have
documents for implementation & configuration of DBM. I appreciate you kindly do the needful.

Regards,

Safwaan

0 Kudos

Dear Safwaan,

to get all the up to date information regarding the latest DBM Release (DBM 8.0) please check under this link:

https://help.sap.com/dbm80?current=dbm80

Best regards

Edina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Safwaan, Please have a look at the link for details in SAP DBM .  https://help.sap.com/saphelp_dbm600/helpdata/en/6F/9FC1FA5E8F44B2858B845A3AD1249E/frameset.htm Regards, T.R.S.Praveen