Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interpret T004F field status assignments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's my problem, and it involves financial GL field status groups and assignments needed for a custom program.

In transaction OBC4, I see the various field assignments for the status variant (example in our case, US10) and the status group (in our case, TOLL). Then, in transaction SE16, I look at table T004F and field FAUS1 for this variant-group combination. When I try to match the offsets in FAUS1 to the positions in OBC4, they do not match. In other words, I see an optional '.' value on position 21 in FAUS1, where if I count down the field assignments in OBC4, the value in the 21st assignment is '-' (suppress). There are a large number of these mismatches, which tells me that T004F-FAUS1 must be interpreted (converted) somehow to display on OBC4.

What I need is some correlation between what I see in txn OBC4 and T004F-FAUS1. Is there (a) a function module that can correlate the two and/or (b) another table or two that I can use? For example, I know that my profit center field is PRCTR. Perhaps another table that matches PRCTR to values in T004F might work. I've looked, but I can't find such a table.

Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to check the table TMODU, the field MODIF should be the position

Max

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same problem. how to determine the positions of fields? For exmaple, they say that date value is in 6th position. But how? where we find this information?

Did you found a solution? Can you explain me it please?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos

Hi,

i find this

a trick to find which field corresponds to what position. See Naimesh answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Max

0 Kudos

Max, that was exactly what I needed! Points awarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos