Did you mean: 

Give me the Best Scenario for Chemical Manufacturing

former_member206437
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Pls Give me the Best Scenario for following:

To make XYZ there is two stages as follows:

To make Semi finished item ABC for XYZ: (My Scenario: Prod. Order1)

Item A + Item B + Item C

To make Final item XYZ: (My Scenario: Prod. Order2)

Semi finished item ABC + Item X + Item Y + Item Z

Finally I will get the Finished Item XYZ in ltrs:

Again my client will sells as like XYZ 100ml, XYZ 200ml, XYZ 450ml, XYZ 2ltrs, XYZ 5ltrs, XYZ 20ltrs.

No :1 (My Scenario: Goods issue in ltrs for Finished Item XYZ in ltrs)

No:2 (My Scenario: Make Goods Receipt against the Good issue qty

For Ex: Good issue

XYZ -3ltrs u20131000Rs

Good receipt:

XYZ 2ltrs-1--

2litres-666.666Rs

XYZ 450ml -2----900ml-300.333Rs

XYZ 100ml -1-----100ml--033.00Rs So total 3litres and 1000Rs of Good Issue (XYZ -3ltrs u20131000Rs).

Here in my scenario I am some what feeling that lot of chances is there to miss the price difference B/n G.I & G.R, calculation of qty to match the good issue and Calculation of correct item price to have Item cost.

So how to Overcome this issueu2026u2026.

This is Standard Process for The items to sell:

Also the items XYZ 100ml will be sold in One Box which has 60 bottles of each 100ml.

Also the items XYZ 200ml will be sold in One Box which has 30 bottles of each 200ml.

Also the items XYZ 450ml will be sold in One Box which has 24 bottles of each 450ml.

Also the items XYZ 2litres will be sold in One Box which has 10 Jars of each 2litres.

Also while selling, Cartoons or Box used for packing the goods so inventory of packaging has to be reduce while doing Delivery document.

So Pls give me the Best way to implement in Our SAP.

-

Item master setup:

XYZ 100mlu2014Sales UoM:Bottles-Item per sales unit:60-Packaging UoM(Sales):1Cartoon u2013 60Bottles.

Eagerly waiting for your reply

Giri

Edited by: Giri dharan on Oct 13, 2009 3:58 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

There are number of options to you. I don't think any one would be the BEST. However, I would prefer to track those different packages as different item codes if possible. Simply because, B1 has no ability to support multiple UoM as of now.

It would depend on the total number of items you have. If you have too many, then, that would be a different story.

When you do production order, you would only need a standard item with UoM as 50ml as the best since you have 450ml packages.

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member206437
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I will get Finished Item XYZ, but again i have to convert to xyz 100ml, xyz 450ml, xyz 2ltrs.... also these are maintained in different item codes.

SO how to convert this to xyz 100ml, xyz 450ml, xyz 2ltrs.. from Finished ITem XYZ....

Because this xyz 100ml, xyz 450ml, xyz 2ltrs.. will be varry in production from Finished item XYZ , the production will be according to sales order most of the time.

Pls give me the scenerio.......

Giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giri.

You are manufacturing XYZ from ABC. now once you manufactured you can do a disassembly Production in which XYZ will get issed and xyz100ml, xyz450ml can be received......

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are couple of ways to do it. You may use disassemble Production Order, Goods Issue / Goods Receipt combination or Stock Taking.

former_member206437
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think i cant use disassembly prod. order , bcoz for manufacturing XYZ i am having BOM which has ABC + X,Y&Z.

if i use disassembly prod. order it will disassemble the products ABC + X,Y&Z.

Thats y i am seeking the correct way from your sides...

Giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then you will only have two choices.

former_member206437
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon / Everyone

Belated Diwali Wishes for everyone....

Gordon pls suggest that solutions....

Giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goods Issue / Goods Receipt combination or Stock Taking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I understood ur problem is on GI and GR (based on tht particular GI) Item Cost.

You can handle this by FMS. Use the Ref2 Field on GR to update the GI Number. Compare the ItemCode on GR with the specified GI, pickup the ItemCost from GI and update it on unitprice of GR.

If i am wrong let me know

Answers (0)