10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2010 4:24 PM by Christoph Pichler RSS

Disabling SAP Calendar in Outlook

Casey Claiborn
Currently Being Moderated

Hello all,

Currently, SAP Calendar is enabled in Outlook. This plug-in / add-on needs to be disabled though :-|

What can one do to complete this task?

Thanks and best regards, Casey

• Re: Disabling SAP Calendar in Outlook
    Gordon Du

Hello Casey,

SAP Calendar in Outlook is essential for synchronization between B1 and OI.  I don't think you could or there are any benefits to disable it.

Thanks,

Gordon

Casey Claiborn

Thanks for responding.

1. What is "B1" and "OI"

2. I am not using these items and would still like to disable it. Can this be done?

Best regards.

Gordon Du

B1 means SAP Business One and OI means Outlook Integration.  You ARE using them.  I don't know why you want to disable it.  If you don't want them, you may uninstall your OI Add-on.

Casey Claiborn

Outlook Integration is a Microsoft product (or some kind of component associated with Microsoft)

Why must I disable a Microsoft component in Microsoft Outlook in order to remove references to a SAP product (B1)?

If I install Microsoft Outlook from scratch, the SAP product will not be a part of it.

Is there not a way to remove the SAP product from Microsoft Outlook? Once it is in there, there is no way to take it out?

I synch the Outlook with my Blackberry.

EVERY TIME I do this, I get MANY pop-ups (I would say at least 50) stating that it cannot find some kind of file(s) associated with the SAP Calendar. This is VERY frustrating.

The only thing I did was install the SAP GUI. I did not know that performing this action would cause problems with the Microsoft Outlook.

Again, I don't use SAP Calendar - AT ALL. I don't use anything in the MS Outlook for SAP - AT ALL.

If I don't use it, why should I be forced to deal with it?

The only way I can think of to keep this from happening is to disable all references to the SAP Calendar in MS Outlook. Then, maybe, I will be able to synch my Blackberry without such a big headache.

TIA

Actions