cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Storage Location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have forgot to add storage location while creating material in MM01.. And now is it possible that i can add storage location in existing material?

i have a very short time to resolve this problem. if any one can help on . I would appreciate it..

thnxs..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with t.code MMSC, you can add the storage locations.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shoaib,

Understand the basic concept that you can assign/remove/edit the production storage location for the already created material

using T Code MM02.But once after assigning the production storage location in the material master you have to extend the

same using T Code MMSC,which is a mandatory transaction.

So in the material master even if you have forgot to mention,you can assign all the storage location which can be used by a

material ina plant using T Code MMSC.Say a material X can be used in the central stores CC01,an interim storage location IM01,

a production storage location SL01.Now using T Code MMSC,you have to extend for the material,plant combination to all these

3 storage location.

N.B; It is not advisable to set the indicator create storage location automatically using T Code OMJ8 at plant level,because the

user may try to post to a storage location which is not already extended in MMSC,in that case the system issues a warning

message and allows to proceed.

Check and revert back.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Use Transaction Code MMSC...Here you can extend your all Storage locations in one single shot..

Also if you need to extend your Material master views then you need to use Tcode MM50..

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use MM01 Tcode to extend the material to storage location level.

Use MMSC to add more storage location to the material.

If the number of materials are more than Use LSMW tool to extend the storage locations.

At any point of time you can extend the material to the storage location.

Hope it helps

Thanks/karthik