cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specification catagory HAZ_MAT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create the specification under specification type HAZ_MAT and TASK .As per the standard system HAZ_MAT and TASK are assigned to the specification catagory HAZARD . But when i go the specification workbench , the left side portion shows only few specification catagory like substance, DG, Agent and waste code only.

How to get the HAZARD specification catagory there in the specification workbench?

Is there any other way out to create specification undr the specification type HAZ_MAT and TASK?

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish

1) How to get the HAZARD specification catagory there in the specification workbench?

In EH&S - Agent workbech (HAZARD) is actually Hazard Specification Category (CBIH92). Specification Category "Hazard" Description is written as Agent !

2) Is there any other way out to create specification undr the specification type HAZ_MAT and TASK?

In IH&S - HAZ_MAT refers to Agent Type which is used for exposure assessment. Generally it refers to Material.

Task refers to Organization and Staffiing Task which is Organizational Management element.

If you want to create HAZ_MAT & TASK as specification types - declare them as new specification types under Specification Category "HAZARD".

Thanks

Jayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear jayakumar,

My confusion about HAZ_MAT is cleared now with your reply. But I want some more help as to how we can create the agent type 'TASK'

To be more elaborate my requirement is that , I want to define TASK as agent type in IHS> exposure profile. I can put TASK as agent type but how is that created in the system to define the taks number in the field AGENT in exposure profile?

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

1) But I want some more help as to how we can create the agent type 'TASK'

In EH&S - specially we do not main any Task Creation activities.

If you want to create a Task for Exposure assessment - Navigate - PPOCE (Create / Change Organizational Object). Transfer the relevant employee. Assign responsibilities and Tasks.

Navigate to tcode - PPSC.

Select the Object Type "T"

Name & Evaluation path (Task for a person or Determine all relevant persons for object)

Once you create the structure assign the relationship.

2) I want to define TASK as agent type in IHS> exposure profile. I can put TASK as agent type but how is that created in the system to define the taks number in the field AGENT in exposure profile?

We define agent types for IHS in Customization Activity - Define Agent Type. In that Only EHS - IHS to specifiy that they are not managed in Specification database.

Similarly by Custominization Activity - EHS Assignment of Functions to Agent Type' we invoke F4 help option to get MM / Organizational Management Selection window to open.

These are two background customization activities for getting either Haz_mat / Task for exposure assessment.

Thanks

Jayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

As very clearly pointed out by Jayakumar, creation of "tasks" has to be done outside specification workbench in organizational management. Above makes sense also, as risk-assessment of any work-area based on the "tasks" being performed there (if tasks are the primary hazard inducing agents) must first consider who all are performing those tasks. Take for example a maintainance workshop in a factory. Let's say here the main hazard inducing agent under consideration is noise. Now, by defining "noise" you can't track the persons affected. Only when you define the noise in terms of the tasks from which it's emanating (e.g, welding, cutting, air cleaning etc), and persons who are actually performing it (organizational assignment of the tasks) , you can do the real risk assessment and person based exposure of the hazards.

Nevertheless, if you insist on maintaining "tasks" in specification workbench, please go to the following path in spro:

EH&S>IHS>Risk Assessment-->Specify Agent types.

Here select agent type "Task" and go to details.

Select "Only EHS-IHS" as "No" and save.

Now, when you go in edit mode of "cg02bd" , you would be able to select "Task" in field "Specification Type".

Thanks & Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jayakumar & pawan

Your answer has helped me clear the confusion.

Regards,

Ashish