cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while registering as External Candidate in E Recruitment

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We are on ECC eph3 , and E Recruitment and ECC are in two different server. this is the background.

While registering as the External Canidate we are encountring with a error message "You are not authorized to assign roles "

i have maintained service and dialog user in both ECC and EREC system, have maintained settings related to SICF...but in vain

pls let me know if u have any inputs on same.

The moment i click onto Register button i get a error message "You are not authorized to assign roles".

Kind regards

Sathya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did u fix this error...even iam getting same error?

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello sathya,

even using reference users requires the authorization to assign roles. In this case the service user you used in the SICF services needs the authorization to assign all roles to other users which are assigned to the reference user for the external candidate. Otherwise you will get this eror message.

You can see this for example in standard role SAP_RCF_UNREGISTERED_CANDIDATE under Basis: Administration -> Authorizations: Role Check there it has the authorization to assign the role SAP_RCF_EXTERNAL_CANDIDATE to other users. Usually you replace the standard roles by customer ones to adapt to your needs and also to consolidate the different standard roles for BSP / WebDynpro candidate UI and 1-server / 2-server landscape. If you do so you have to adjust the roles of course.

In addition you should always use named profiles for the roles instead of the generated names and restrict the authorization of the service user to these profiles. In standard the sevice user roles have a general authorization for profile assignment. You can see this in role SAP_RCF_UNREGISTERED_CANDIDATE under Basis: Administration -> User Master Maintenance: Authorization Profile. Whoever designed this role forgot that there are authorization profiles which have no role so are not effected by the restriction mentioned above. So the sevice user could be used to give e.g. SAP_ALL to other users.

If you need details on the needed authorizations pls. give me some additional information on your server scenario.

Kind Regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

Thank you very much for the detailed reply. Yes i would be thankful if you could share your inputs on required Authorization. Btw i did try giving SAPALL to RCF_CAND_EXT but iam getting an error message "You not authorized to use this Start page". this time iam not getting the previous error message i.e you are not authorized to assign roles.

Following are the server and other details.

1. ECC on one server

2. E Recruitment on a separate server

3. Both are in enhancement pack 3

4. Backend and frontend related to webdynpro are in the same system

5. Have created RCF_Service (user) and assigned Z role related to RCF_unregistered candidate

6. Have created RCF_CAND_EXT and assigned Z role related to RCF_External candidate

7. Have maintained RCF_Service and RCF_CAND_EXT and its related role in both Parent and Child system using SU01

8. Have also assigned service user to all related services in SICF.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would Recommend to delete the Users and run the application, it will say RCF_CAND_EXT user does not exit, now using the standard roles create the Service user and communication user. And try it would help you to solve this problem. Even i had the same issue so i have done the exercise like this.

Reference User Standard Roles

RCF_CAND_INT - ( SAP_RCF_INT_CANDIDATE_SERVER

SAP_RCF_INTERNAL_CANDIDATE )

RCF_CAND_EXT - ( SAP_RCF_EXT_CANDIDATE_SERVER

SAP_RCF_EXTERNAL_CANDIDATE )

RCF_UNREGIS - ( SAP_RCF_UNREGISTERED_CANDIDATE

SAP_RCF_UNREG_CANDIDATE_SERVER)

RCF_MANAGER - (SAP_RCF_MANAGER)

RCF_TC - (SAP_RCF_TALENT_CONSULTANT)

RCF_MGRASS - (SAP_RCF_MANAGER_ASSISTANT)

RCF_ADMIN - (SAP_RCF_BUSINESS_ADMINISTRATOR)

RCF_RECRUIT SAP_RCF_RECRUITER

RCF_DATA_TYP SAP_RCF_DATA_TYPIST

RCF_REQUEST SAP_RCF_REQUISIITON_REQUESTER

RCF_DECISION SAP_RCF_DECISION_MAKER

RCF_RES_REC SAP_RCF_REQUISIITON_REQRUITER

Thanks

Ravi Sabba