cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value of characteristic is not included in the selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone !

I'm in trouble with a BI IP copy function ...

And i don't understand why the function give me this error : Value of characteristic <CHAR>:<VALUE> is not included in the selection

I've replaced the name of the IO by <> fields.

We're trying to copy "budget" from a version to an another which is selected by a list in a BSP.

The version in the filters and the "change to" is selected by a variable using an user exit.

So, a scenario could be : the from version is V0, and the user choose V5.

But, we get this error ... and i don't understand why !

We have an another issue which the planning function work well, but copying the records for all available values of the masterdata of the version.

So, instead copying fews record, we have lot of them, and the filter that the user choose is not ok ... (lines with V0, V1 ... until the end).

Any ideas ?

Do i have to clarifiy what i mean ?

Thanks for your help !!

BLAIS F.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

pasq_annunziata
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you be mo specific about the solution?

We are facing same issue and can't find the solution.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We have found the probleme, and the solution.

Like someone said, it was the variable, and the definition of the filter.

Our variable was called several times, the last time it was not correctly filled (because of restriction).

So now, apart from a performance problem, we're ok !

Thanks for your help and your explanations ! It was relly helpful anyway (since i'm a beginner ^^)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Single value variable will accept only one value at a time,but in your problem you referred to many versions.In this case just restrict the version as 0,var in the filter and the hard code for version 0 in from version,with var version in to version field.

How u r passing this variable,means where it is getting filled,through u r query variable or created planning sequence or through a button in workbook.

Regards,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How u r passing the variable,Is it single value,value range or maultiple value variable.

Regards,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Single.

Do you think that it can solve the problem ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using a fox is a solution, that's right.

But it needs some developpment and we're in a hurry 😕

But in the end, i think it will be the solution.

I will check the dataset to see if something is wrong, but before we tried to use a variable, it was working with fixed valules (V0 to V6) with no problem (except of performance issue due to the reading of the target infocube).

Thanks a lot !

I'll stay in touch.

Thanks !

Andrey,

Are you saying that in the source infocube, we have an another value, instead of V0, and that's why it's not working ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't have system as if now Can you check out with two solutions .

Firstly:-

In filter:- V0,var.

From version : V0

To version : var

or restrict version = 0 in condition.

Or Else write a fox code for copy where in select version in reference data and write to variables,for eaxample:

In filter :- Version = Var

Foreach version in refdata.

if version = 0.

{keyfig,var-version} ={keyfig,0}.

endif.

endfor.

Also check for the dataset of characteristics present for version 0 exist in the aggregation level properly.

Regards,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

It is mean simply that one of records has any value that not included in target restriction.

For example you defined target filter with 0COMP_CODE=AAA and in function you try to copy any value of 0COMP_CODE to BBB value.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help, but it's still not working ...

We've tried every combination and we are still having the 2 issues (copy of all records or the error)

Juste for version (because we have some others characteristics but it was working before we tried to use a variable for version), we've tried :

Data :

- Filter : Var

- From change : V0

- To change : Var

Issue :

=> Error

-

Data :

- Filter : V0,V1;v2,v3,v4,v5,v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11

- From change : V0

- To change : Var

Issue :

=> copying data for all the version

-

Data :

- Filter : V0

- From change : Var

- To change : V0

Issue :

=> Working, but we have V0 for the TO value

-

Data :

- Filter : V0; V6

- From change : v0

- To change : V6

Issue :

=> Error

-

Data :

- Filter : Nothing

Issue :

=> Copy nothing

-

Data :

- Filter : V6

Issue :

=> Error

-

Data :

- Filter : V0

Issue :

=> Error

We don't know why, i don't know what we can do about this ...

PS : i know there is some silly solution above (like all the version in the filter, but we wanted to try them

Edited by: BLAIS F. on Oct 20, 2009 9:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will get this error when you are trying to generate the records which are not restricted in the filter.For example if you have restricted version as 0 in the filter and trying to copy for version v1,v2,then you will get the error message as the set of data to which you can write is only restricted with 0.

As Michael said use in your corresponding filter, only the "to" version variable ,and restrict/hard code from version to specific value.

Regards,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The copy function is very straightforward. Since you are copying version to version, on the "characteristic usage" tab, ( in the "changed" column, only version should be selected. Nothing should be maked in the "used in conditions" column. On the "Parameters" tab, "all key figures" should be checked, and you should have an entry in the "from values and to values" where the "from" value for version is hardcoded to V0 and the "to" version is a variable.

On your corresponding filter, only the "to" version variable should be specified for version. Other criteria may also be entered to limit the copy.

Is this how yours is set up?