You can change J2ee_Admin user password from UME. If UME is ABAP system then go to SU01 and change the password.
If UME is java based system then change password from portal system by user admin page.
Make sure if you change j2ee_admin user password, then update it in config tool as well. Check below link to update in config tool:
when you log on to your Portal System then go to the NetWeaver Administrator and then Identity Management or User Management.
Click on the upper Configuration Button and you find the UME settings. In the first folder you see which Data Source is configured for your system. When your Datasource is an ABAP System click on the next Folder "ABAP System" and you see
which ABAP systems is releated to your Portal UME.
Log on the the configured ABAP System an reset the User.
You can also reset the User in the Identity Management of the Netweaver Administrator.
when i tried to logon to Netweaver administration, i get the following error.
503 Service Unavailable SAP J2EE Engine/7.00 Application cannot be started. Details: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.ExceptionInfo: Naming error.
Database is up and running, but i couldnt logon to visual administrator.
R3trans returned with code '0'
Please help me.
Edited by: Dayananadan Anandan on Oct 20, 2009 10:48 AM
Edited by: Dayananadan Anandan on Oct 20, 2009 10:49 AM
If you have not changed password of J2EE_ADMIN then why you have changed it in secure store?
Do as follows:
1) revert back secure store configuration..
2) Restart system.
3) Check dispatcher and server nodes are running..
4) Then logon to nwa by following url..http://<hostname>:5<instance number>00.
5) Login with any user having admin rights and change j2ee_Admin user password. (Make sure that you change password of user in UME only)
6) Try to login with that password.
7) Then change j2ee_admin user password in secure store and restart the system.
This should work.