cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

decimals of Wage Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I create a Wage Type and woud like it to save 2 decimals but found it is alwasy rounded up, would anyone please tell me where to configue it to have 2 decimals for this wage type?

Thanks very much.

Sophie ^ ^

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I create a Wage Type and woud like it to save 2 decimals but found it is alwasy rounded up, would anyone please tell me where to configue it to have 2 decimals for this wage type?

Thanks very much.

Sophie ^ ^

Hi Sophie,

Plz check if u have used any Rounding Parameters in Table - V_T511 for wagetypes.

Hope this helps,

ARNAV...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ARNAV...

Thanks and do you mean "Rounding type" and "Rounding div." in V_t511? I tried to keep them blank but it is not working. Could you be more specific when you mean Rounding Parameters?

Regards,

Sophie

Edited by: Sophie Que on Oct 20, 2009 8:49 AM

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rounding of at infotype level can be done with the help of Rounding Divisor T511 this option will work only for wage type which are in IT0008

and also check the default decimals in Su03

in case of processing of pay roll

Check V_T7INY1 round to the nearest value

finally nothing else works go for PCR read the operation Round in PE04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much.

My Wage type is maintained in infotype0015 actually.

I checked table V_T7INY1 but found it is empty, also for "all group" field, the F4 button displays some items about Banglore whichi I think only applies for India.I am running payroll for China and I am wondering if this works for V_T7INY1 or not.

I checked V_T7INA9 and try to add my wage type there but have a warning message:

"Allowance WT 3095 not appl. for Algrp as per WT Model.Delete this WT."(3095 is my wage type).

Do you have any other suggestion? Thanks very much.

Regards,

Sophie

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Than the option is T511

As said by other Gurus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so here it is you want to to show the decimals but in the PRCL 20 if you put the value 3 there has been an modification of standrad process

Assumeing that you want see the 2 decimals means

Go to V_512w_D and Pick the wage type which you want and un select the sepcification 3 maintain some other vlaues

one more thing for all the wage type which you are haveing if the vlaue for that wage types in PRCL 20 is 3 means all the wage types are been rounded right

PRCL class 20 talks about Cumulation and storage at end of gorss

Try change the specification and let us know wht you are geeing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

any one to help?Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this functions XDECI CONV RT 2 and XDECI CONV IT 2 in schema UAL0 (Proration and cumulation gross).

and check if any e rounding type is used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sophie,

Number of decimal places is attribute of the currency and not wage type.

Please let me better understand your issue: you actually have 2 decimal places for your wage type, but when you enter the value it is rounded to integer and leaves decimals as 00? Is that right?

If so, most probably solution for this issue is hiding in table T511. Try to make sure that your wage type has rounding type field empty.

If it doesn't work, please indicate which Inderect eval.module is used for this wage type.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi semvladigo ,

Yes, you are right. My wage type actually has 2 decimal places, but every time the value is rounded up to have decimals as 00. In table T511, the round type field is empty.

but the issue is still there.

"Inderect eval.module is used for this wage type"---can you tell me where to find this inderect eval.module?

Thanks.

Sophie Que

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in same table T511

Wage type characterstics check it

take the help of F1

Edited by: Sikindar on Oct 21, 2009 8:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In table T511, I found "indirect evaluation module" and it is empty there.

Shoud I maintain something there?

On the other hand, in payroll log, I found a calculation rule is rounding the amount of the wage type to 00 decimals.

VWTCL 20 Processing class

ROUND 100 Round AMT to next

ADDWTE* RT Results table

ADDCU Cumul.WT in TAB.OT

Any suggestion there? Thanks.

Sophie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

I checked schema UAL0 and found:

000100 XDECI CONV RT 2 * Convert RT amounts down to 2 decimals

000110 XDECI CONV IT 2 * Convert IT amounts down to 2 decimals

I think it is correcly there. I intend to keep the decimal amount to be unchanged, e.g. 100.52 but not round up to 101.00,

any idea?

Sophie

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the documentation of Round in PE04

use ROUNDK 100

and tell me does this wage type is the part of IT0008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This wage type is not a IT0008 one, but a IT0014 one.

thanks.

Sohpie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sophie,

Where wage type is rounded?

1. During entry to IT0014?

2. During payroll processing?

My understanding was that you have issue #1. If so then you don't need to check any rule.

However, if you have issue #2 then there is rounding in payroll schema and my ealier advise is absolutely irrelevant.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then i would suggest try to execute the payroll for employee in test mode and then find out in the Log at which point Rounding is happending for that specific wage type... by doing this you would be able to know at what stage roounding is happending.

Round Operation is used mostly for rounding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the processing class 10 value of your wage type maintaiened in V_512w_d

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sophie,

As you have observed that in the payroll log, it is there as "ROUND 100". It means that it has rounded to nearest rupee. So identify under which PCR it is coming like that, and then go to that particular PCR and delete that line. It will work.

Try it out and let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

And also check whether the PCR has written for any particular processing class or not. If so maintain the same processing class for that wage type. It will work.

Thanks & Regards

Bharathi

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wht bharathi has said is right

INAP is the subschema check it in Pe01 any rule is written or nt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Amarnath,

in V_T512W_D, processing class 10 is '0' for the wage type.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to PE02

Give *

and press F4

u will get directory of the PCRs

select custom PCRs and find out any PCR has written for Rounding amount

or else go to ur schema and check the sub schema INAP whether any rule has written or nt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sikindar,

I found the PCR that round the wage type, it is a customing one in our system.

But the PCR has several ESGrp grouping, they are

*, 1, 2,3

only * will round up the wage type.

what should I do to make the PCR to pick up ESGrp gourping 1 or 2 or 3?

in the payroll log, it is read like:

PIT Z023 P20 NOAB Gross input and storage

Input

Processing

Output

Z023 is our customing PCR.

I think 'NOAB' is making the PCR to pick up *, what should I do then? Thanks.

regards,

SOphie

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

GO to PE02 and give Z023 and paste the rule here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, Sikindar,

didn't catch your meaning.

I mean how to make Z023 to pick up 1 or 2 or 3 in my case?

I don't want to change Z023 to avoid negative influence on our system, any good idea? Thanks.

Sophie

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Z023 is ur rule right

paste that rule here

say

ELMI*

ROUNDK 1000

ADDWT

ther PCR will be like that

go to PE02 give Z023 and see the rule how they have built

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sophie,

That means that employee subgroup grouping of your employee doesn't fall into 1, 2 or 3.

To fix it you should check table V_503_B. There you can see column ESG for PCR - this is where you assign employee group/ubsgroup to PCR. Please note that table is NOT molga driven. So if there is already value - it maybe be already used somewhere else. If it's empty just assign 1,2 or 3 depending on your requirements.

If it is alrady assigned and you cannot change it (you should discuss it with the project team), then it's better to copy rule for ESG for PCR 1 (2 or 3) to the grouping for PCR that you already have in place. To do this you have to select your PY rule (PE02) go to Edit>ES grouping>copy and put your ESG for PCR.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sikindar,

My customizing rule is like this:

below is ESGrp gourping of *

-

3 -

> my wage type has value 3 for Processing 20

ROUND 100 Round AMT to next

ADDWTE* RT Results table

ADDCU Cumul.WT in TAB.OT

-

below is ESGrp gourping of 3, in V_503_B, the ESG for PCR is set to 3, so i think the rule should pick up this 3 but not *

-

ADDWTE* RT Results table

ADDCU Cumul.WT in TAB.OT

Regards,

Sophie Que

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Semvladigo,

thanks and I check table V_503_B, and found the ESG for PCR is set to 3, it is not empty. I am not sure why my rule does not consider this table. Any idea?

Regards,

Sophie Que

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

here

if you chek

• for this PCR the rule is writen

• means this will applicable for those EG and ESG who is have PCR value as 3