cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating BO CR Server from 11.5.3.438

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please give me accurate information on how to update to the current Service Pack level for Business Objects Crystal Reports Server.

Current version shows 11.5.3.438 - I have no idea what SP level this is and so far noone seems to be able to tell me.

SAP/Business Objects support have given me this information based on the version number I have supplied above to update:

"As per double check of your queries, please refer to the following link from which you can download the service packs or hotfix for your crystal report.

Link:

>>Get Crystal Reports, Crystal Reports Server, and Xcelsius downloads

>> Please choose "crystal reports XI R2" for Crystal report 11.5 and "service pack" and then click "search"

You will be able to download the service packs for cyrstal report 11.5(XI R2)"

I have tried the SP4 Full download as supposedly SP4 is supposed to update SP2, however, it says "Another product is already installed"

I have tried SP3 download also and that gives an error that " Crystal Reports Service Pack 3 is for Crystal Reports XI R2 only, and cannot be installed on top of other Business Objects XI R2 products".

SP2 gives "Service Pack 1 is not detected. Requirements for SP2 install not met"

SP1 gives no error but seems to hang for about 15 mins on a file "desktop.war" at the beginning of the installation, then completes. However, after the completion, the service versions still seem the same, and SP2 attempted install still gives the above problems.

I am just wasting time trying to do what should be a simple service pack install. SAP/BO support give apparently incorrect information and it seems that nothing is easy with them. Why is it so hard just to determine a SP level and get accurate information on what SP should be applied for the version installed.

The version installed was a bundle from BO that included CR Server XI R2 and CR Developer. The server has 5 concurrent user license if that is of any assistance in determining what we have. CR Developer shows version

Could someone please help.

TIA.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found SP5 but now looking for SP2 and SP4. Any links for download locations? That would be very helpful. 

0 Kudos

Hi,

i checked the archive but the oldest available Version i saw war CRS2008.

Maybe you want to go for an Incident with the SAP Support and ask where you can download the Software.

Regards

-Seb.

former_member745035
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Update: Turns out, I had SP1 with a hotfix so I am now loading SP2 using the crsxir2sp2_inc_pt1.exe file. Again, I'll keep it posted. I have a lot of reports setup and I am hoping against hope that the reports and URLs are all the same for the users.

Scott Guzman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I know this post is getting on a bit, but any news on how you went on. Thanks to your post I know now I am on SP2 as I have the same version number as you (11.5.3.438).

Thanks

former_member745035
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am in the EXACT same boat! I want to upgrade my 11.5.3.438 (which should be Crystal Reports Server XI 2 SP2) to SP4 but I keep getting stuck on

! Service Pack 2 is not detected. Requirements for SP4 install not met. Please install SP2 first.

This should be easy, right? Not so much. If I get any headway, I'll update this thread as I hope you do as well.

Good Luck!

Scott Guzman

BasicTek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

438 was a slightly newer version than MHF1 so CRS SP2 is required. I've heard that SP2 is available on SMP (requires S-user login to download) but I do not know if CRS SP2 is out there. If not then you will need to open a case with support and have it added (or have a deployment engineer point you to where it is).

It's possible that BOE SP2 may work, I forget when they actually separated the CRS and BOE patches, but I'm pretty sure there is supposed to be a CRS version.

The issue with support I think is that the CRS version is very rare and probably not documented. It was only available for customer download years ago (not internal) I don't know why???

Regards,

Tim